How do I know if my cats spay incision is healing ok? (Picture Included)

3kittybuns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my cat spayed a week ago, and every time I look at her stitches it looks great. But I just looked at them and it looks like it had some dried up yellow pus? Is what I’m guessing it is, I really wanna make sure it’s not infected!
B57F9A84-E1D4-431C-9C9A-ECA2B7B2746D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks fine to me. Did your vet use stitches to close wound as I can't see any. Many vets glue and I suspect that is what your seeing, not infection. There is no redness so I think it's fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3kittybuns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks fine to me. Did your vet use stitches to close wound as I can't see any. Many vets glue and I suspect that is what your seeing, not infection. There is no redness so I think it's fine.
Hi! She used dissolvable stitches and I think she also used skin glue along with it. But I’m not sure if she actually used it on the actual incision since I called about a weird spot near her green tattoo line (seen in the picture) but she told me it was just skin glue. Hence why I’m not sure if she used skin glue on the actual incision or just the tattoo line.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cant see any swelling or redness to indicate infection. To put your mind at rest, email the above photos to your vet, most will accept them.