How do I know if kitty is getting enough milk?

pepsi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mum only has two nipples that are red and swollen and they are the two kitty feeds from,how do I know if she has enough? kitty suckles well,has a nice round belly and only crying when mum gets up for a bit

As one passed I want to make sure she is getting enough,ive got KMR,kitty is not at all intreasted in it,she had some once when Opal first rejected her and she had the whole syringe,so does it sound like she is getting enough? front nipples are pale,Ive seen some dried milk around the back two,I gave a little squeeze and a drop came out it wasnt regular but as im not suckling her I doubt it would be right?

ETA Kitty has had two wees in the last three hours that ive seen,so surely its a good sign? because one passed I want to do everything in my power to help this one through

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pepsi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pepsi

Mum only has two nipples that are red and swollen and they are the two kitty feeds from,how do I know if she has enough? kitty suckles well,has a nice round belly and only crying when mum gets up for a bit

As one passed I want to make sure she is getting enough,ive got KMR,kitty is not at all intreasted in it,she had some once when Opal first rejected her and she had the whole syringe,so does it sound like she is getting enough? front nipples are pale,Ive seen some dried milk around the back two,I gave a little squeeze and a drop came out it wasnt regular but as im not suckling her I doubt it would be right?

ETA Kitty has had two wees in the last three hours that ive seen,so surely its a good sign? because one passed I want to do everything in my power to help this one through
Anyone? BTW IT is peeing a lot more and pooing too today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pepsi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry I cant find anything that tells me the answer

jmiah22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pepsi, I can't tell you for sure, but I would think that if their little tummies are rounded and not wrinkly looking that they are getting enough to eat. I think it is normal for them to cry a little after Mom-cat first gets up.