how do i keep them out of the CHRISTMAS Tree???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

desiresgrasp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hehee... my cats only go crazy over those balls with the bells.. they love bells

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put our fake tree up on an end table and secured the tree to the wall with fishing line.WHen it was on the floor, the girls would go and get an ormanent and knock it off the tree and bat it around the house.
How dare us take something that should be their toys and expect them to stay away from it

siamese_jen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad other ppl have this problem too. Gilbert is still shooting up the tree and I only have decorations left on the very top!
I just cant be bothered to keep puuting the decorations back on.
And I sprayed the tree in "wound gard" yesterday cos now the girls are eating it! And its a PLASTIC tree!!!!!

kerrimah2005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i decided to actualli let my cat have the tree this year ...I know Im nuts ...every morning there were NO ortaments on the tree ...( very busy cat)

so instead of trying to do cat partol I switched my ortaments to all Plastic!! theres actualli some really nice ones that look like glass...I know some of you may thing im nuts but Ive decided to just deal with it this way ...It just looks like one huge cat toy!!!! But if any of you have found good ways to deter this behavior Id be more then happy to read
Good luck to all with cats and trees!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

desiresgrasp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they finally did it!! THEY KNOCKED IT OVER LAST NIGHT!!!!! and i think they may have learned something now

compmom42

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Funny thing, the christmas tree issue is what brought me to this site 2 years ago. So far my best solution is just to adjust.
When I came home and found Donny in the middle of the tree snoozing away, I gave up and put the precious ornaments away. Now I use plastic, metal and wood ornaments. My tree seems to be pretty tough. I just have to get my dh to anchor it well so it will hold up to the kitty antics.
It was a shock to guests when they admired the tree and saw eyes looking back at them
Kinda worth it.