How do I keep myself occupied?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Fran, its too bad we are oceans away...we could totally hang out..
I am such a loner here
But back when I lived in Ottawa, I wouldn't have an hour free to myself I was so busy. Its weird to go from a hip happening person to a loner
Ha i know!!! we could have had loads of fun!!!

Back in australia i never had time for my self, and i wish i had a girlfriend to hang out with!! You should move here!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

I'm glad you starting thinking about what I wrote.
It just bothers me when people become so wrapped up with someone else that they loose their own identity and self worth. I knew a few girls in high school/university who were only happy when they were with someone. Yet their boyfriends were treating them horribly and sometimes abusive. Yet they couldn't see it or didn't have the skills to stand up for themselves.

It really opened my eyes to the fact that many women don't even know themselves or respect their life yet will *try* to complete their life with another person. How do you know what you want in another life partner if you don't know your own identity?

I moved out on my own when I was 19 and lived on my own for 3 years. I dated off and on but never would date someone who didn't treat me with respect and loved me *just* to have someone in my life. I became independant and learned a lot about my interests and perspective on life during those years.

I don't think many women take that time to be on their own and develop their own sense of self-worth and identity before becoming involved with other relationships that 'complete' them.

I'm not saying you can have excitement or interest in another guy. I just don't want to see your whole life revolve one person and be so let down if they don't respond. Your life is worth so much more than slowly placing your days 'on hold' until you gain the acceptance from a 'potential' date.

Stepping off my soapbox.
This is all so true, what i say is how can you expect someone else to make you happy when you can't make yourself happy? Having been single now for almost 2 years, I can honestly say I am happier now than I ever was while in a relationship

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The thing that I found was when I was so desperate for a relationship, I probably wasn't worth knowing anyway. It was when I developed interests and did things to make me happy that I actually was able to have good fulfilling relationships.

When you find where your passions are, then you complete yourself and everything else (like relationships) becomes gravy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have NO idea though..maybe I'm just a schmoe with no interests?!! What a freak I am.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt you have NO interests. . .

What's something you've always wanted to try to learn how to do, but never "had the time" to do it? Well, girl, now you can MAKE the time, and do it for YOU.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I would say start making a list of what you like and don't like. That might give you a clue.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my job ended last year I don't interact with many people other than DH and some of my relatives!! There are several people I know a little but many peopel are so busy with things going on in their own lives.
I recently started doing jigsaw puzzles again-its a bit of a pain with cats-I cover it up or Bakker would have pieces stuck to his fur.