How do I keep my kitten off the kitchen counters?

goblin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 31 cats in my house. I use persistance. I love to cook. When they get up on the counter, I say down and put them down. And I keep doing it again, and again and again and again... NO anger, just persistance. It works. (It also works with kids to.)

Goblin

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's brown tabbies! My friend has one who is just as bold! After much training, the kitties do not get on the counter.....when people are home. The funny thing is that sometimes you know they have been there while the house is empty.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This won't help KrazyKat as Pepe loves oranges. I have read that if you don't want your cat to go on something to leave some orange peel there but I don't know if it works.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had the problem with my two cats, possibly because they are both seniors and one is arthritic and the other has tried once and didn't find anything up there for her curiousity.

I hadn't anything to add since it seems like most are covered, though I'll keep reading the post ahould I get another cat in the future that likes kitchen counters.