• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
click start > computer > C: drive > Users

do you see your name/user account? open this folder

in upper left hand corner can you click organize > Folder and search options > View tab

check that the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option is selected. If not please select it and click ok

under your user folder we had pulled up you should now see a folder called AppData, open this then open the Local Folder

you should now see a folder called ArcadeCandy and ArcadeWeb (if it is there). delete this/these folder(s)

hold down your windows key and press R. you should see a run box

type regedit and press enter

1- in Registry Editor Click Edit and click Find.
2- type candyEX.dll and click Find next.
3- delete any entry it finds
4- click Edit click Find Next and continue to delete additional entries
5- repeat step 4 until it no longer finds any more entries containing candyEX.dll

repeat the above steps but instead of candyEX.dll search for AB6BD08C-DB6B-4F02-8A22-4BD343E990FF

once completed perform a restart and you should be fine
Got as far as finding Arcade Candy in the folder, but the message said that I can't delete it because it's running elsewhere. Al I thought I had on the screen was TCS, but I wonder if it's piggy-backed onto TCS (it did the first time I got into TCS tonight,  give me one the pop-ups, so this may be true).

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Got as far as finding Arcade Candy in the folder, but the message said that I can't delete it because it's running elsewhere. Al I thought I had on the screen was TCS, but I wonder if it's piggy-backed onto TCS (it did the first time I got into TCS tonight,  give me one the pop-ups, so this may be true).
I have no advice to give you. You may have to take it to a computer doctor. It may have a component that hides and re-activates after a year.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://download.cnet.com/Uninstall-Tool/3000-2096_4-10662647.html

Download and install that program.  It will allow you to force an uninstall of a stubborn program. It will also search the computer and registry for files that are typically left behind when you uninstall using Windows Uninstall Program feature.  I use it all of the time. In fact it is the only way I uninstall programs because when I uninstall a program, I want to get rid of the registry files and any other files that are associated with that program.

mastacat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you enter the folder and delete the files within, you should then be able to delete the folder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Ok, got it to work the other day. Had to turn off the pc, then re-boot. Sorry to take so long to reply--we're been crazy busy around the house all weekend~ So, so good--haven't had Arcade issues since I did this. Thanks so much!!!!

vdubgal85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have Chrome and this worked for me. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!

natteyshay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The best way to really get rid of annoying popups is go to tools, then add-ons, and EXTENSIONS, then from there you can either remove or disable. I hope it helps. This was how I got rid of it.