How do I get myself into these things??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ravyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You would think. I tried this new vet out because I just moved and she's closer to where I am, but it looks like I'm going to be driving the extra distance and sticking with my own wonderful tried and true vet...who actually KNOWS what she's talking about, and more...doesn't charge up the yin yang.

The two kitties are still doing wonderfully. They're taking their Clavimox fine and they're eating and bouncing and playing with each other and the toys I set up for them. I'm hoping more and more that they'll end up testing negative and be just peachy.

I talked to my coworker who originally gave them to me, and told him the situation. His first worry was if it was contagious to humans, which I reassured him it isn't. Then he was wanted to know if his new kitten would catch it (he just got a new FEMALE kitten since he couldn't have the boys), and I assured him that she was safe. Then he apologized right and left and thanked me for all I'm doing.

It's really not a problem. I mean, I couldn't imagine being in this situation and NOT doing what I'm doing. It just seems like only normal compassion and common sense. It's not any one's fault and they deserve not to be tossed just because they're boys or because they might be sick.

He told me he got them from 'free kittens' classified ad in the paper, so its likely their mother is one of these 'can't bother to get the cat fixed or keep it indoors' so that makes sense if she has FIV and gave antibodies to them. Which looks better for them in the long run, I'm hoping. I don't mean to sound accusatory or stereotypical, because I don't know the person or their situation. It could be this was a case of not spaying fast enough, or just not being educated. Things happen, I know. Our first cat got pregnant because she got out on us and we hadn't got her fixed fast enough, so I really can't judge too harshly. But this is the reason all my cats ARE and WILL BE fixed and are strictly INDOOR.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'll keep everyone updated on how they're doing, and thanks for listening