How do I clean a painted wall??? Any ideas?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe I'm out to lunch but I thought you were looking for a general cleaner to wash down the walls - in which case I would use Mr. Clean in the wash water. The Mr. Clean Eraser would work for marks that the regular cleaner wouldn't take off, but it would take you weeks to clean all the wall with just the eraser.

About 1 month after we painted our house, my hubby got some black marks on the fresh paint from the hardwood floor hammer. The Mr. Clean Eraser took off the marks in a jiffy and you could not see where I used it. Mind you we always use good quality paint since I figure if I'm going to all that trouble, I want something I can wipe down and it still looks good and doesn't fade.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well, i would like to get some spring cleaning done now that i'm feeling better but i'm stumped as to how i should go about cleaning our painted walls. The walls in our guest bathroom are a gross aqua/green color (i can't WAIT to repaint it!) But in the mean time i would like to clean the wall without stripping the paint. What should i use on it? I tried just water on a cloth but that didn't work
Any wall-safe sugestions? Thanks guys!!!
I just use a spray bottle of Fantastic spray cleaner and a cloth. Been doing it for years and have never removed the paint from the wall, and apartments don't use top of the line paint either.

I also use Fantastic to clean my stove and counters because it cuts through grease really, really well too. And it works so well that there is no scrubbing involved. Spray and wipe.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I just use a spray bottle of Fantastic spray cleaner and a cloth. Been doing it for years and have never removed the paint from the wall, and apartments don't use top of the line paint either.

I also use Fantastic to clean my stove and counters because it cuts through grease really, really well too. And it works so well that there is no scrubbing involved. Spray and wipe.
Does it not leave a residue?