How did your Furry Owner come into your life?

emilesc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My very first cat, Tabby Sebastian, walked through my friend's open door and into the living room. My friend had a dog, so I agreed to take her. I wasn't a cat lover at the time, so I asked my friend to let me know if anyone was looking for her.

She stayed 17 years.  
My second cat, Allie, who's still with me, was sitting out on the lawn of my apartment building. She caught my eye, knew a sucker when she saw one, and literally chased me to my door. I didn't take her in because I knew Tabby wouldn't abide by it. But I did start feeding her. And one day, when it was raining, I worried about her all day at work. When I got home, she was sitting on my porch. So I took her to the vet to get checked. She was about 4-8 months at the time.

She's 12 now.  I call her my little lion.

There was an 7-year difference between Tabby and Allie, and they never worked out who the alpha cat was. But on the day I had to have Tabby put to sleep, I brought Allie with me to say goodbye. And they made amends: for the first time, Tabby let Allie nuzzle her.

That was sort of a disastrous decision, as Zora's rambunctious and Allie's super mellow and there's an 8-year difference between them.

But lately, I've found ways to keep the peace between them. 

Emile

Last edited:

molly22

Country girl living the life with my furry friends
Adult Cat
Purraise
I answered an ad in the paper 15 years ago for free kittens. As I was walking up to the house a little black kitty went darting across the lawn into a shed with a little boy trying to catch her. We finally found her and I knew she was the one.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I love these stories and photos!  

I adopted my cat from the wonderful rescue at Petsmart in 2012.   I received a call saying my application was approved for Speedy and she is my everything.  She is a siamese/calico mix.  I like to tell her that when I look up the word "sweet" in the dictionary, her picture is right there!

Wonderful to read these stories!

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I kind of adopted Zoey on accident. I went to the shelter with my mom in her town to donate some food. I had the idea of a kitten in the back of my mind, but I was definitely not looking. They actually had her loose in the shelter and she was perched atop a high shelf. I love grey tabby cats, so when I saw her I was immediately drawn to her. She purred so loud when I picked her up and I fell in love almost immediately. It took me less than 10 minutes to decide to adopt her.

Luna's mom was a stray who gave birth to her at the house of someone my mom went to high school with. She had given away a few of the kittens, but the ones left she was going to let loose outside (eekkk). I went to her house, actually to see her calico sister and feel in love with a back cat, which I never thought would happen.