How did your Cat(s) get there Name(s)?!!

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trinity-She's a calico so tri color=Trinity. Matt actually thought of that one after we had met her the night before we brought her home and it just fit.
Bentley- He has a bend in the middle of his tail so when he first arrived, I started calling him "Bent". About a day later I decided that Bentley would be the perfect name for him.
Mercury-As in the element mercury. He is blue so his color is kind of like that of Mercury. Also, Mercury was a messenger in Roman mythology and my Mercury likes to run around the house "talking" so the name fit him.
Nemo-Actually Nemo got his name because I sucked at finding a name for him. He was at my house for a full two weeks with no name. Nothing seemed good enough for my odd eyed beauty! Eventually one day I was searching sites and I came across the name Nemo, which apparently means no name. Since Nemo was also an incredibly cute fish, I decided Nemo it was!

swooshfinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beacon - I am thinking that whomever found Beacon and turned her into the Humane society, found her at night; being all black the only thing that would have given her away would have been the glow of light reflecting off her retinas, lighting her up like a beacon.

Sox - Originally named Alex at the Humane Society, but Alex just didn't seem to fit, so I really bedated on what name I was going to call him. My folks came for Thanksgiving about a week after I got him and mom liked Sox, since it looks like he is wearing four white crew socks on his paws.

fiery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised there are no other Toby's so far in the list!

My cats' names keep getting longer and longer and longer...

King Toby the Tubby, otherwise known as Tobo the Hobo, originally named Tobias, with the monster truck name of "Tobster" adapted to "Toaster"...-- When we got him from the Dumb Friends' League, his name was Sparky(really, who names a cat sparky?) and obviously that was not a fitting name for my sweet kitten! Since my brother owned a cat named Rachel, I decided to name him Tobias, as they were a couple in my favorite childhood book series, Animorphs. Toby is named after a human/alien/bird named Tobias. How awesome is that? ^_^ And because Trina was the Queen, he became the King. As his wasteline expanded, he became the Tubby, and he became the Hobo after every time I'd walk with him outside, he'd roll around in the dirt. Therefore, he was a hobo.

Queen Catrina Bella(trix) the Anorexic, AKA Thumbellina. Originally named Trinity, with the common name of "Trina Bella". When we were looking over kitties, the woman we bought them from had names for the other two.. "Fah-Tso" and Fah-Tswan". If you speak it out loud, you'll get why I was a little shocked, haha. But miss Trina was "the red-point". She was the only one of the kitties who actually responded to sound and was curious as to her environment, so we picked her! I wanted a "T" name, and thought of "Trini" from Power Rangers, and made it fancy by calling her "Trinity". Then I added "Cat" to the beginning of "Trina", then "trix" to Bella after finally getting over my grude against Harry Potter. She's known as the Anorexic because she's SO skinny and tiny, and Thumbellina because she has extra toes. Yay Hemmingway kitties!

Whew! As for the kittens that popped out of her two months later(the breeder we got her from was obviously not the most responsbile)...

Indy--His full name is Indiana Jones, because he was the most adventurous of his siblings.
Jackie--Fully named Jackie Sparrow, she got an eye infection that only affected one of her eyes when she was about three weeks old and reminded us of a Pirate. Therefore.. Jackie Sparrow!
Rusty--Originally named Krusty, he had the worst of the eye infections that made his eyes all crusty. Because he was such a BEAUTIFUL flame point, we started calling him Rusty.
Cordy--Full name Cordelia. Her umbilical chord took the longest to fall off, thus we named her cordy! She was such a ditz..
Abby--Named Absinthe. I gave her to one of my friends, who thought the name "Absinthe" was beautiful, never mind the alcohol. The vet looked strangely at us when we told him her name.
Luke and Princess Leia--My friend Katya's dad died, so I allowed her to name two of the kittens. Naturally, being an awesome geek, she named them after Star Wars!

Whew, I type too much. ^_^;;;;

ninababy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nina: Was named this by the rescue, I thought of changing it, but it fit her perfectly! She was just so sweet, thoughtful, patient, quiet, polite..never making any trouble, just always wannting to be in my lap! She couldn't have had a better name!

Snow: Was orginally named Sparkle by the rescue, but I didn't really like that for her.. she is pure white long-haired with beautiful green eyes and her fur is super soft and silky just like fresh fallen snow! She's very smart and loves to sleep on my pillow or lap and is very playful too. I liked Snow better than snowball or snowflake, and think it will carry well into aduldhood as she gets more elegant.

Audrey: Was named this by the rescue and I thought of changing it to Autumn or Summer, but this name just fits her too well! The rescue named her after Audrey Hepburn and she has a sweet, trusting personality! She'll give little licks and since she's maine coon mixed she has such pretty meows! She a gorgeous kitty with the prettiest biggest green eyes that makes everyone just fall for her!!

krazykatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Duchess- When I got her as a kitten, she sat around with this snotty look on her face. I had a dog named Princess at the time so I opted for Duchess.
Stormi- She is the color of a storm cloud.
Tigger- He is an orange tabby and I love Disney movies. ( I know, not very original.)
Simba_ Same as above
Nala- She is Simba's litter mate but she is a gray tabby.
Sophie - I just liked the name and she looks like a sophie.
SweetPea- She was named when I got her and the name really suits her. She is such a sweetheart.
Gandalf- He is solid grey so he is named after Gandalf the Grey from Lord of the Rings.

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was 5 my family had a cat that we named Ring (short for ring around the collar). She was all black except for a white ring that went around her neck. When I was 7, Ring had 3 kittens that we named JC, Koko and Midnight. My brother named JC after himself (Jason). I named Koko after the gorilla that knows sign launguage. I don't remeber why my sister named her kitten Midnight.

We now have two more kittens, Ripley and Cali. My family and I live less then 10 miles from Disneyland (in California) so we are HUGE Disney fans and we go to Disneyland A LOT. Not only is my brother a Huge Disney fan but he is also a HUGE train fan. We named Ripley after Walt Disney's (and my brothers) favorite train at Disneyland (E.P. Ripley). Cali got her name after another Disney park across the enterence from Disneyland CALIfornia Adventure.

emily-jane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hrh: Was originally named storm but her princess like qualities soon led her to be nicknamed Her royal highness and eventually HRH, now she answers to nothing else.

Mooch: My flatmate saw him and spontaneously yelled out MOOCHOO! This scared the kitten senseless and he hid under a bed for a day, but thats how he acquired the name.

Bailey: He needed a name as i was onto day 3 of calling him Babycat. I like the name bailey and it suits him.