How did you name your cats?

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my oldest cat Tiger (actually my bfs cat) was already named when I met him... He is an orange tabby so that is self explanatory!

As for my two kitties: Nollee and Osiris...

Nollee got her name off of my favorite Pac Sun sweater (Nollie), I just changed the spelling and the pronunciation from Na-lee to Nole-lee... Something different!!!

Osiris was originally named Oscar (got him 2 days ago) and I named him Osiris after the egyptian god of the dead/underworld (he is an all black kitty, if he was a girl his name would have been isis)... I love reading about egyptian gods and goddesses so that is how he got his name. Ironically the name Osiris is also a shoe brand that is sold at Pac Sun!!!

I guess you could say I have a thing for Pac Sun

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do themes with all my fosters so Skye and Calamity's name had to fit with their kittens.

Skye because all her kittens names had to do with either moon or stars. So she was Skye because thats were moon and stars are. LOL

Calamity because her theme was outlaws. Her kittens I choose Butch Cassidy, Sundance Kid and Black Jack Ketchum so she was going to be either Calamity Jane or Belle Star. I liked Jane so thats what I thought I would call her but her temperment fit Calamity better. I kept saying yeah shes a Calamity all right. So it stuck more then Jane. Shes never called Jane any more.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raven - I named him. He's black, and I think ravens (the birds) are very regal.

Nabu - my roommate named him. It's short for Nabuchednezzar, one of the 3 kings the one in the bible is based on. He was crazy and that's about all I remember. It's a long story, but my roommate was a history/archaeology major, so she knew her stuff. The name fits. Nabu is crazy and thinks he's royalty.

Stimpy - the hubby named him, he's named after the cartoon character in Ren & Stimpy. Part of getting the hubby to adopt a 3rd cat involved giving him naming rights.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a list of call names that I thought of and liked that the family went through until we agreed on one.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my girls were already named...

Angel was named because she is white and soft.. Like Angel Soft

Chestnut was named because she has the color of chestnuts.

snickers80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gemini_n_Hobbes

lmao you are so cute!
LOL thanks!!

We didn't start the theme on purpose, it just sort of happened, and by the time we got Sushi we couldn't just name her Whiskers or something....*sigh*

but yeah, you just wait a few years and I'm sure we'll have a Sugar, Souffle, Sorbet, Sukatash, and maybe even a Salad running around

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two cats are named Kairi and Namine, after characters in the Playstation game Kingdom Hearts. Kairi was my boyfriends cat first, and he likes the game so that's what he named her when he got her. When we adopted Namine after we moved in together, he basically already had the name set in his mind that that would be her name - and I thought it was cute too.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hercules was named that because he was born right after I bought Troy on DVD and went on a kick with wanting a kitten named after a god. Dawkins was all David.....it just took a while to get to that point but hes named after Brian Dawkins from the Eagles.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my oldest son named Tiger for........ whatever reason

The cat brats are Bo, Duke and Cooter (all brothers) and my DH is a fan of Dukes of Hazzard... they had a sister named Daisy

And Tonka.... well... I was gonna name him Dodge because he's a hemmi mix but when I got him home he's as big as my son's Tonka truck... and he's a tough guy too.
He puts up with the other's antics and horseplay... even if he is declawed, he's put them in thier places many times

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mrs PMS

We wanted names from the Lord of the Rings, but my husband didn't want a Frodo so I suggested Pippin, Merri & Sam ...... or PMS for short Now, Gerald likes to tell everybody he lives with PMS everyday
We have an instructor at PSU named Frodo
She is awesome!

Living with PMS

Not sure how I came up with Seb's name. He just needed something big, dignified yet intelligent sounding after his rough start
Daphne, well, not sure about that one either but it fits her.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tribe's name consist of either a descriptive name, (or the shelter name that they came with, we never change named cats), such as Hobo (rode into town on a train), Diva (yep), Mischief (guess
); and then, their surnames come from the musical "Cats", such as Rumpleteaser, Skimbleshanks, Mistoffolees, ....