How did you get your pet?

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bengalcatman

Gosh Makena looks so much like my beloved Jasmine! I've always had a soft spot for Bengal cats. Researched about getting a Savannah too but I always come back to the conclusion, why buy when there's so many that need homes.

I love reading through all these stories. Yes fate??? plays a big part in the game of life.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Bengalcatman,

Your cats are fabulous looking and athletic! Awesome!! [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Bengalcatman

I love how you narrated their stories...I too wasn't a Bengal...and your story brings hope...God Bless you two sorry four [emoji]128540[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji]

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All of my cats were found as kittens, and then chose me.

One day, a grey tuxedo kitten showed up outside my house. I petted her and gave her attention, but we assumed it was our next door neighbour's cat, as she said she had gotten a kitten. It wasn't, I found out hers was a lot younger (and long haired and mostly white). This cat kept coming by, it was summer and the windows were open, she would come and go as she pleased between both my house and my next door neighbour's house. We tried to find the owner, and my neighbour took her to the vet to check for a chip. She was not microchipped or spayed either. She was wearing a collar, but it was in poor condition and nobody was claiming her, so my neighbour registered her with the vet and had her spayed and vaccinated. She was 7 months old at her first vet visit. We shared the cat, who we named Socks. When I moved, I took Socks with me, my neighbour already had four other cats, so let me keep her.

Then, last year, in late September, I heard meowing outside the front door. Socks was inside at the time, right next to me, so it couldn't be her. I put Socks into my bedroom and shut the door, then opened the front door to see who was meowing. It was a tiny black kitten, and it just walked right inside. She was super friendly, meowing and purring and wanting to be petted. She even let me pick her up. I thought she was too tiny to be outside alone, so I decided to keep her inside while I found her family. I gave her some food and water, made her a litter box out of a shallow plastic box and kept her in a room away from Socks. A few weeks later, my 12 year old was off to school, but a few minutes later he came back carrying two other tiny kittens, the same age as the first (most likely from the same litter, they got on well with the first after just a little bit of hissing and were in the same area, but Socks took ages to tolerate the kittens). He said they were in our garden, and he asked if he could keep them. I said only if we couldn't find them a home. Nobody came to claim them, they were not chipped, so I ended up with four cats. Two were black and one was tuxedo. The first black one, we named Izzy, it was the only name all the kids could agree on. The tuxedo was the next to be named, she was called Mittens, because of her white paws, and it goes with our other tuxedo cat's name. The other black cat, the runt of the litter (she still is super tiny too) was the last to be named, until I eventually thought of calling her Amber, because she has these really cool orange eyes with a circle of blue around the pupil (I actually thought she was a lot younger due to those blue bits in her eyes and her smaller size, but the vet said she is the same age as the others due to the development of her teeth and stuff).