How did you find this site?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did a search on dogpile looking for funny cat stories. One of the cat boards I frequent was flaming, and I wanted some light stuff to break the dark mood. Then I came here and started reading and found out that you guys are a lot of fun, there is very little criticism here, so I tested the water by mentioning I have indoor/outdoor kitties. When no one stuffed me on a spit and threatened to barbeque me, I knew this was a nice friendly place. I get so tired of being criticized because I let my cats out of doors, but they are ferals or abused cats and they need to be out and stretch their legs and play. yes, I have lost a few prematurely, but while they are here, they are completely loved and hopefully happy.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hehe, I am glad you like it here. No, we try not to be hateful. I think the only thing that is a little touchy with most of us is the De clawing issue. I hope you stick around!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
See how we've grown!!! So how did you find us?

nenners

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anne, I found you through Yahoo. I was serching for sites about cats, shelters ect.. You were actually first on the list! Maybe it was divine intervention?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I clicked "Pets & Animals", on my ISP's Web Directory and this site was listed there.

flimflam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Google search for cats + forums.

I was fed up with the Yahoo newsgroups which were just full of people trolling, flaming and not being very nice to each other. Plus everyone is really friendly here and didn't make me feel foolish when I posted my newbie post twice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just for the record - 2 years later and TCS is still not listed in the yahoo directory! You wouldn't believe the sites they do list but they don't think TCS is good enough or something? I don't know - I don't want to pay $200 just to find out... Those of you that found us through yahoo actually found us through Google (which serves the search results for Yahoo) not through the Yahoo directory...

And if you think this site should be listed on the Yahoo directory - by all means drop them a line

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never used Yahoo to search anything....I found you through my google search!

And I'm still laughing at what Hissy wrote (on why she stuck around):

"When no one stuffed me on a spit and threatened to barbeque me, I knew this was a nice friendly place"

That's why I come back here too. Hate those barbeque people!!!

:tounge2:

auburn412

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found it while searchng "cat health" on MSN search. Actually I found it a year ago, but didn't actually join til later in the year. Originally I had a fear of message boards, but after I saw that no one was stuffing anyone on a spit and barbequeing them, I decided to join. Boy am I glad I did.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Though KC Barbecue Sauce is the best! LOL

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found it thru google when I needed some advice on Peedoodle. Got stuck here ever since and now no one can get rid of me.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the site when Sugarly started having major behavioural problems thru a google.ca seach. I am now addicted and you can't get rid of me!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At this point I don't remember exactly how, but I was doing a lot of searches for cat forums at the time I joined.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty sure I found this wonderful place while I was just surfing for funny cat stuff. The Bad Pets List (what kitties, puppies and other animals would have to write on a chalkboard when they get in trouble - very funny stuff!) had a link to The Cat Site. At that point I was just clicking on about every cat related link since I was very bored at my new job. I lurked here for quite a while and finally joined.
This was my first experience with forums and it has spoiled me for life. Now look at me - a Mod and everything!!

Can you believe that January 2001 Anne was thrilled about there being 230 members, and now in January 2003 there are 3500?!?!

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I searched on google.ca for Cat Health and found this site. I used to post under the names Vader and Tasha153!

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure that I found this site on Google. It was right around the time I adopted my 2 kitties from the Humane Society and I needed some questions answered and some advice.
All I can say is that I'm glad I joined!