How did you come up with your cats names?

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mosi Hobgoblin was called Mosi because Mosi is swahili for first born. I wanted a somali name for him, being a somali cat but couldn't find anything that suited so settled for swahili (close enough!). He was the first to be born in his litter and his mum's first litter. His registered pedigree name is Hobgoblin which I like as it suits him so that's his middle name

Jaffa is Jaffa because he's orange

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dino is named after the pet dinosaur in The Flintstones

Pepsi was Pepsi when we rescued her

Miss Moofi is a bit more complicated, she was 1st taken in by a friend who had her for about 2 weeks, they called her Matthew, cos she looked like a previous cat they had called Matthew., in those two weeks, they realised "she" was a "she" so Matthew got slightly changed to Mafu

She then came to us, I didnt like Mafu, thought it sounded like fly spray, so Mafu soon became Moofi............follow

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH (only my bf at the time) named Scotty and it just seemed to fit. The shelter named him Willy (which really did NOT fit him at all).

Oscar...well, he was a bit disheveled as a kitten, so Oscar just seemed to fit (kind of like Oscar the grouch). DH calls him dufus (not something I appreciate) and has started calling him Oscar-doodle.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, my sister named Ashten because he's grey like ash, and I named Siam, short for Siamese. Her name is very originial, I know.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Epona named Radar as he had large ears...

We are expecting Sonic-Boom in 12 days time and he was so named as he is blue and can move quickly, we also wanted names that seemed to fit each other. The amount of arguing over Sonics name has been unbelievable

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a list of official names specifically for the Aby babies bred by me...their call names come when I get to know them better and work out their purrsonalities. As for the domestics, they end up naming themselves!