How did you chose your cats name?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Katie and Gracie are both just cute little girl names that I love. Willy (RIP) was named for William Howard Taft, one-time president and famous Cincinnatian. Peter is primarily named for the saint, along with a boy I had a crush on in grade school.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
chloe got her name from a book about garfields 9 lives i had as a kid.
however, she was very close to being named cornflake--just because i thought cornflake the kitty sounded cute ^-^

meezerpleezer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Skye got her name because her pretty sky blue eyes. Pachita already had her name and we were told it means little patches in spanish. I later found out it means baby bottle.
Sable because of the color...she was a bengal. Socks because he was white. And I don't know why I named Snickers that name. Now I only have Skye and Pachita though.

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bushee (RB) was apparently names with the "baby talk method" (ohhh schooshy woshie wooshy bushee mooshi boo!)

Brandie (named by my mom) has a orange/brow band across one of her fromt paws. so my mom thought... bandie...Brandie!

Baby (also named by mom) Didnt respond to anything. So i took a small box decorated it, put 2-3 pictures of her on it and cut a slip in the top and i had people in my 5th or 6th grade class fill out names to put in the box... they werent good (no offence) so my mom declared her name be baby, even though we didnt want that as her name.

Baylee (a compromise between me and my mom) At this point we needed another name that started with a "b" and ended with an "ee" sound so i wrote a list and off that list we narrowed it to Baylee

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Magnum, my BF named after Magnum P.I. because when he first climbed through the window he investigated every corner of the house.

Boomer because of his echoing meow.

Bumper decided that he wanted to be with us so much he would hitch a 40 min ride to his new home not in the car but in the bumper of the car - poor thing was terrified when we found him there.

Scully was named when we got him - but they are huge x-files fans.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chloe was a name we really liked. Feminine and sweet - which she definitely was as a tiny kitten.

Iris was already named when we adopted her, but the name fits her perfectly. She has two different colored eyes - one iris is blue and one iris is a coppery color.

helddown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Napoleon was so named because I was CONVINED that "Napoleon" would be a great name for a cat. It was decided by my girlfriend that all cats needed "themes" for their names, and mine was INTIALLY going to be world leaders.
"Josephine" got her name because that was the name of Napoleon Bonaparte's wife. It just seemed to fit.
I'm convinced the next boykit I get will be named Sebastian or Alexander, and the girlkit will be Marie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doc-n-samsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Bumper decided that he wanted to be with us so much he would hitch a 40 min ride to his new home not in the car but in the bumper of the car - poor thing was terrified when we found him there"

---WHAT? Explain that one to me?? Thats bound to be an interesting story. Cute name though.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were at a fair about 40 minutes away out in the country. I guess maybe he was living in a barn or something there and had got separated from his mom, Anyway - the truck was warm, it was raining - my guess is he climbed into the bumper to get warm and dry and fell asleep. Later he found himself zooming along the highway with some very confused people in the car wondering what the weird noise was coming from the engine. We get home - engine is still making weird sounds after engine is switched off. So my BF looks under truck and a little kitten plops down onto his chest shaking like crazy and meowing.

After putting him through the ordeal of the thrill ride home we decided the shock of a shelter probably wasn't the best thing for him so kept him. So we had him checked out by the vet - fed him baby food for a bit - and now hes a big sucky loveable lump of a cat

tigerfanfrv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Able got his name because he was "able" to survive getting hit by a car which broke his jaw, hard palaet, and resutled in a blind left eye

broken

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten Ozzy was first named Sunny by my sister,because she thought i wanted her other kitten she named Manson.she had named Sunny that because he was always smiling and happy.I didnt like the name much,and I thought of the name Ozzy after Ozzy Osbourne,the "prince of darkness" so i thought it would be funny to name such a happy,sweet little cat after the prince of darkness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doc-n-samsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

We were at a fair about 40 minutes away out in the country. I guess maybe he was living in a barn or something there and had got separated from his mom, Anyway - the truck was warm, it was raining - my guess is he climbed into the bumper to get warm and dry and fell asleep. Later he found himself zooming along the highway with some very confused people in the car wondering what the weird noise was coming from the engine. We get home - engine is still making weird sounds after engine is switched off. So my BF looks under truck and a little kitten plops down onto his chest shaking like crazy and meowing.

After putting him through the ordeal of the thrill ride home we decided the shock of a shelter probably wasn't the best thing for him so kept him. So we had him checked out by the vet - fed him baby food for a bit - and now hes a big sucky loveable lump of a cat

HOLY COW!!! That's Awesome...can't believe he didnt get hurt!

meezerpleezer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I forgot to add my kitty sugar. She was white so thats how I picked the name. I left my dads to see my mom and he called to tell me she had kittens and had gotten rid of them all including sugar, also along with that news he told me that my duck had been killed by a wild animal.
They never took good care of their pets.