How did you choose your name?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tania, its been so long, my old friend is south african and so he taught me some afrikaans - I have forgotten a lot of it, and my dictionary is at home - so in answer to your question, a friend taught me

What exactly is yebo gogo? he always said that in letters.

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I worked for a number of years at an Arabian horse breeding farm that bred, raised, and trained Arabians in Dressage and Halter. Bossinova was the first horse I was a huge part in the training of. I did countless hours of groundwork with her, as well as basics in halter (I was still learning, too) and some dressage. It was an experience that I will always remember and cherish. It opened up my eyes to the bonds that can be formed with horses while doing groundwork. I love her, and if I had $65,000 to spend, she would have been mine ages ago!

charmsdad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tried a couple of others but they were already taken, and Charm was sitting in my lap at the time.

katson7

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
DiMa....QUOTE: "That's my sister-in-laws name! Although she is Kasia for short. Are you Polish by chance?"

Yes, my step-sister and step-mother are Polish.....she is also known as Kasia or Kaska for short
I am Yugoslav...her mum married my dad,

so I can speak both languages pretty well....

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chelle is my nickname that a friend gave me a long time ago...guess saying
Michelle was too difficult LOL

dima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katson7

Yes, my step-sister and step-mother are Polish.....she is also known as Kasia or Kaska for short
I am Yugoslav...her mum married my dad,

so I can speak both languages pretty well....
Cool
I speak some Polish but not a lot. Just enough to get buy. I speak fluent German and many Poles speak it as well so while in Poland I usually get by with a mixture of both.

My brother and his family live in Krakow. Poland is a gorgeous country!

alison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Easy - my first name. I figured that if I just use that, people won't misspell it (as they've been doing all my life...from Allison to Allyisson, although I believe the person who misspelled the latter of the two was drunk at the time)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's easy - it's short for Jamie Cat! And he got his name because his "tuxedo" reminded me of James Bond. I needed a double name, because my husband has this weird tick - he never addresses anybody by their first name (even me). This way, I can say "Jamie", and he can say "Cat" or "Katz'" when he's talking to the cat. Pretty strange, huh?