How did you choose your cat or did your cat choose you?

smiffygans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep hearing about all of these rescued darling kittens, it's so heartwarming, seriously. *teary eyes*

My Peekaboo was a gift from my Papa. At first I was not very interested in him at all, but we were meant for each other, I believe. Perhaps that sounds a bit strange, but I believe with all of my heart that it is the truth. From the moment that he was born, some other force wanted us to be together, and now that we are I can not imagine my life without him.

And my Skittles...well, my brother actually brought her home. She was abandoned in the National Forest near us and was soaking wet from falling into a muddy sinkhole, she was very underweight, and an obvious victim of abuse. Salvatore dropped her into my lap, still soaking wet and disgusting, and said, "Iggy, before you get mad, she would have died if I hadn't brought her here." I could never have gotten angry at a new addition to our family.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the local rescue centre looking to become a volunteer and 2 cats stole my heart. We only had space for one so I decided the older of the two would be the one to come home with me.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love these stories. I didn't choose my cat, or even the breed, I went with someone to look at a litter of kittens - came home with one the breeder chose for me