How did you and your partner meet?

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We met in 2002 through Match.com. I had dated a couple of creeps that I'd met through the site and was really fed up and about to take my ad off. But the day before Thanksgiving (the day after a particularly bad date) I got an e-mail from a guy who actually seemed to have read my ad, who sounded funny and smart. So I decided to give it one last chance. We e-mailed for about a week and a half and then had our first date on Dec. 7 (Pearl Harbor Day). We met at the art museum and spent 3 hours there and then went to dinner--and spent another 3 hours there. We were so busy talking, we had to keep sending the waiter away because we hadn't looked at the menu yet. We moved in together in August of 2003, and got engaged in August of this year--we are getting married October 1, 2005.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mamacat

we are getting married October 1, 2005.
Ah...October is a lovely time to get married in NYS. Our wedding was on October 8th,'95

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hobbester

Awww..you really wanna know?
We were both gaming freaks back in the college days. i knew him through playing multi-user dungeon (MUD) online. i was studying in Canada, and he was here in US. After 1 year of playing together, we finally met up. i never even knew what he looked like until we met.

Back then i was like 20lbs heavier, and he still fell in love with me. So i said this guy's a keeper.
And here we are today, 6 more months till our wedding! OMG~ time really flies...
A MUD :p Pearly, you geek, lol (Like I should talk, considering....) And yes, engaged time really does fly.. Wait until you're married..

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heehee i like this thread - it's amazing how some people meet. I met my other half by accidentally logging into a chatroom through mIRC. It was a chatroom my fiance at the time used to frequent... I accidentally clicked the icon instead of the one above - and it logged in automatically. I just happened to hit it off with all the guys in there and we're all good friends. But my partner was the one who stood by me when my relationship all fell apart and he's stayed that way
we clicked! God bless the internet. Ironically, we both played on the same MUD too - carrionfields.com

vegkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I met Chad very randomly when I was 10. We had a lot in common. We both liked guns, we both thought military tech was really cool, we loved horror movies . . .we were great friends.

I had an instant crush on Chad but there was one slight problem . . . I was 10 and he was 15 . . . so nothing happened for a very long time. I remember when he had a serious girlfriend named Kelly when I was . I wanted her to die. LoL. I just wished she would burst into flames, I was that jealous. I absolutely hated it when he talked about her. I was cetain my dreams of being with him were ruined forver and they would get married and I'd die alone (I was a very pessimistic teenager).

They broke up after a year and I had hope again . . .but I was very shy. I didn't dare even hint that I was falling in love with him. A year after Chad and Kelly broke up Chad and I went out for a coffee and talked for hours. He drove me home and before I got out of the car I leaned over and kissed him and the rest is history

To this day I still find it hard to believe that we're together. It just feels like a dream. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have Chad.

Moral of the story: I ALWAYS get my man

G

ghostuser

Nigh on to 46 years ago today I was relaxing with the morning paper and a cup of coffee in the wardroom of my ship, moored in Boston harbor, when my best friend and shipmate came running in, in a state of panic.

"Jim, help, he exclaimed!" Bud's distressing tale was that he had a date that night with a good-looking college chick, and his fiancee, Martha, just called to say that she was arriving, unannounced, in an hour. "How about I get sick, call my date, and suggest a blind date with a fine young man?"

After Bud explained that the "fine young man" was me, I was on the spot. Shipmates do anything for a shipmate, particularly where girls are concerned, so I had to reluctantly agree.

Cocktails, a candle-lit dinner, followed by, to further date this tale, the premier of "South Pacific," more cocktails, and I walked Ann home to her dorm, arriving as the curfew gong sounded. It was a lousy evening, as it usually was in Boston at that time of the year -- raining buckets-full. Having recently read a biography of Sir Walter Ralegh, I carried Ann across a very muddy Boston Common.

That did it -- just too darn romantic. We were married next summer, and off I went to sea, as you might expect of a sailor. I was home 8 weeks of our first two years of marriage -- when I met my eldest son he was 6 months old.

But Ann held in there, she was indeed "a good-looking chick," and it will not be all that long before we celebrate our 50th with our 5 grandchildren.

If you take a quick peek at the photo below you will see that Ann is still a good-looking chick.

Cheers,

Jim

PS Ann and Martha are best buddies.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These stories are all so amazing!!

Makes me realize that a lot more people are starting to find their true love online....well that's exactly what happened in August of 2001....

I posted an ad on AOL for friends and possibly a person that was like me in a lot of ways. I was tired of all the dating scenes and was ready to find the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and hopefully share the same values! I got an email from Zack and I instantly knew I needed to talk to him. We met a week later and hung out every night since then! Well, in December (2001) we went to Colorado Springs and we went inside Jared's (a jewelry shop) and I was just kidding around telling him what diamond I would love to have for an engagement ring...about 3 weeks later....I got my heart shaped ring!
(on my 20th Birthday!!) We were married a little less than 8 months later! August 10, 2002. We will celebrate 3 years of marriage in 2005!

P.S. forgot to add...we've come in contact with 2 incidents where this is a very small world and we would have ended up meeting eventually anyway!:
*His aunt, Marsha, use to teach my cousins in Sunday School back in the late 90's!
*My friend, Mary, that I met in my art history class this past semester...her best friend got married 2 weeks ago in Cozumel....by my father-in-law....

How awesome is that!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me and my hubby met in our 11th grade year of high school... we are both very into theatre productions and were into drama... we met while working on the musical 'Little Shop of Horrors'. He was acting in it, i was doing costume/make-up and prop design. The entire production ordered themed bowling shirts and i had ordered a size too big and i saw this tall scrawny guy who didnt look like he would object... so i walked up to him and asked him to trade me shirts cuz mine was too big, he stammered a bit, but said okay, then we started talking more often and very soon we were inseperable. Through the rest of highschool we were doing theatre projects one right after another and wherever one went the other was threre... and if one of us was missing it caused a big stir... 'omg, where is meagan/chris???'

then we got married after high school after he got back from basic training.
We just had our 2nd year anniversary on the 27th of this month!

i tried to shorten it a bit... there were lots of details, but this is the short version(thank god, right
)

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by James Brown

Nigh on to 46 years ago today I was relaxing with the morning paper and a cup of coffee in the wardroom of my ship, moored in Boston harbor, when my best friend and shipmate came running in, in a state of panic.

"Jim, help, he exclaimed!" Bud's distressing tale was that he had a date that night with a good-looking college chick, and his fiancee, Martha, just called to say that she was arriving, unannounced, in an hour. "How about I get sick, call my date, and suggest a blind date with a fine young man?"

After Bud explained that the "fine young man" was me, I was on the spot. Shipmates do anything for a shipmate, particularly where girls are concerned, so I had to reluctantly agree.

Cocktails, a candle-lit dinner, followed by, to further date this tale, the premier of "South Pacific," more cocktails, and I walked Ann home to her dorm, arriving as the curfew gong sounded. It was a lousy evening, as it usually was in Boston at that time of the year -- raining buckets-full. Having recently read a biography of Sir Walter Ralegh, I carried Ann across a very muddy Boston Common.

That did it -- just too darn romantic. We were married next summer, and off I went to sea, as you might expect of a sailor. I was home 8 weeks of our first two years of marriage -- when I met my eldest son he was 6 months old.

But Ann held in there, she was indeed "a good-looking chick," and it will not be all that long before we celebrate our 50th with our 5 grandchildren.

If you take a quick peek at the photo below you will see that Ann is still a good-looking chick.

Cheers,

Jim

PS Ann and Martha are best buddies.
That is just got to be one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard!!! (
Everyone elses are great too!!)

I met Brandon in high school!
I was 15 (very close to 16) he was 18 (Mom got over the age after she met him
)
He had a spare while I had, LOL, gym class and the cafeteria was right beside the gym. He knew one of my friends in my class through her older brother and got my number off of her after "watching me from afar for 3 months", LOL any guy that wants to know a girl after only seeing her during GYM CLASS has got to be a keeper
, well that was almost 6 years ago and we couldn't be happier