How Did My Cats Get Fleas?

danigeheb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 3 cats at home, 2 younger that we got about 6 months ago and a 9-year-old cat. All cats are completely indoors. The older cat has been on advantage for years, and the two younger cats we put on frontline as soon as possible (We switched brands because someone we know is a vet supplier and gave them to us). After being good for months, all of a sudden all three of them have fleas and we have no idea how it happened! We did notice a few weeks ago that one of the younger ones might have had worms, and have a vet check her out as soon as possible and treat them.

If anyone knows how they could have gotten fleas all of a sudden and any tips or tricks to fix it I would appreciate it!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought home fleas one time. I went to the park for a thing my friend was having. Didn't take my dogs or cats to the park. Next day, I found 3 fleas on my dog. Took care of it right away, but had no idea how he got them. Found out a week later that the park was infested and nobody had any idea.
You may have done something similar. As far as how to control them, since they are already on flea treatment, I wouldn't advise dosing them with anything else. You can use a flea comb dipped in Dawn (regular, blue) dishsoap mixed with water to kill them. Something in Dawn kills the fleas.