How could TCS possibly be better?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Entering even a general location can be problematic, though. I used to have "Germany" given as my location, which led to some people accusing me of being anti-American whenever I criticized Bush, and at least one person here sending me PMs calling me a Nazi. The trouble is, I'm an American, born and raised there, and I spend about a month a year in the U.S.. I also vote in U.S. elections, and closely follow the news.

Another U.S. citizen who lives abroad has also been accused of being anti-American.

So you see, there can be real reasons for indicating "silly" locations.
Oh that is terrible.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Entering even a general location can be problematic, though. I used to have "Germany" given as my location, which led to some people accusing me of being anti-American whenever I criticized Bush, and at least one person here sending me PMs calling me a Nazi. The trouble is, I'm an American, born and raised there, and I spend about a month a year in the U.S.. I also vote in U.S. elections, and closely follow the news.

Another U.S. citizen who lives abroad has also been accused of being anti-American.

That is ridiculous, so sorry to hear that

Also If I might add my 2 cents
I think it's up to the individual what they put in the location line, my location is very fitting to me and that's how it will stay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I probably should never mention that I have an Iranian wife, either. But listen to this, this one tops them all. When I sat down to talk with my cats (I really did) about what they wanted their title to be under their username they said The KatKwiz Kats. I saw right away that I could never use this as their title. It was a perfectly harmless idea, do I have to explain why I could NOT have used it?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I probably should never mention that I have an Iranian wife, either. But listen to this, this one tops them all. When I sat down to talk with my cats (I really did) about what they wanted their title to be under their username they said The KatKwiz Kats. I saw right away that I could never use this as their title. It was a perfectly harmless idea, do I have to explain why I could NOT have used it?
hmmm...
since you do have this currently as your usertitle i think, yes,
you DO have to explain!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I like the siggies that include the member's name. (Doesn't mean I'll always remember it...)
same
i'll be darned if i can remember everyones name!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I know a guy who's legal name is very feminine. That's the name his mother gave him. So, I got to where I do not assume. I avoid any he/she refernces unless I know for sure.

I haven't been looking at too many threads lately, but I haven't seen any references to "sis" & "mum" as for Nita. Then again, I am dense!
I know a guy who went to school with my brother and his name is Courtney.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

hmmm...
since you do have this currently as your usertitle i think, yes,
you DO have to explain!
Actually I have the KatKwiz cats, not the KatKwiz Kats because I understood that a totally innocent use of this could be misinterpreted as some kind of hidden meaning (KKK). I did want to use Kats instead of Cats, but I foresaw a problem with that. Rather than chance that, I stuck with cats.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't see how Kat when used for KatKwiz is any different than used for KatKwiz Kats but since someone explained it to me, I think most people would understand it is not affiliated!
(or I just wouldn't use any Ks and spell them all correctly, but I am a spelling/grammar nazi today
)

As for the location, I vary between a geographic area and something that describes where I am but not an actual place, like 'the land of ice and snow' etc.

I think you can put too much info in bios and like someone said above, if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it and become known as the person who broke it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Actually I have the KatKwiz cats, not the KatKwiz Kats because I understood that a totally innocent use of this could be misinterpreted as some kind of hidden meaning (KKK). I did want to use Kats instead of Cats, but I foresaw a problem with that. Rather than chance that, I stuck with cats.
OIC... see, i didn't even notice! either way!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I immediately think of KKK when I see KatKwiz.....

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I can't see how Kat when used for KatKwiz is any different than used for KatKwiz Kats but since someone explained it to me, I think most people would understand it is not affiliated!
I agree that most would, but I was worried about the few that would see KKK in the title. I wished that I did not have to worry about something like that, but it was a concern to me, so I did not use it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jamie, that's so sad. I'm just sick that anyone on this site would even think of saying such things to you. The only consolation is... being such a bitter, vindictive wretch as that person is its own punishment.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

WRONG!

I am really a 71 year old man
OMG!!! I have been calling you my neice all this time.And you are actually a MAN

I think that TCS is just the way it needs to be.We have all learned alot here and have made alot of friends.Why try and change something that OBVIOUSLY works.