How could he be so Selfish!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The minds a funny thing, and goodness knows what was going around his head to kill himself. Doing what he did takes guts, because i couldn't do it.

I lost a friend to suicide. She went for some hospital test results in the morning, found out she had terminal cancer, then came straight back home and killed herself. I only spoke to her 2 weeks before and she sounded fine, but when i found out that she had killed herself she was all alone that morning until she was found at 10.p.m that night, and her mind must have been everywhere

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out the wake is tomorow and the funeral on Tuesday. I am just feeling like I need to do somthing.
I have let Amber know that if there is anything she needs to let me know. She has 2 cats that I have offered to catsit for her but she said they havn't been able to find one of them since the suicide.
With all of the people that were at the house that morning it may have gotten outside or is in the house in hideing. Amber won't set foot back in the house so I am going later today to see if I can find the cat. If not I am putting out food inside and outside.

The freinds have all volunteered to clean out the house for the family box everything up and move things. That might be happening next weekend.
My brother is a pals bearer at the funeral along with the "guys" we all hung around with. I was going to make a cake or somthing for the family but I'm told they have too much already so I will wait and see if they need somthing in the near future.

In this small community (9,000 people) almost everyone you come across walking down the street knows him or his wife and you end up re-living the story every day. Of course there are rumours flying every direction, about why and what set him to do this its distressing and I just tell them to not believe any of it.
No suicide note has been found and nobody knows the real story.

I may not be around for a little while again. There is so much going on right now. I would ask my SS for some patience with me I still havn't posted pictures of my second package and I still havn't guessed who you are.
Thanks everyone for the posts they make me believe that I couldn't see this coming no matter how hard I tried and I am begining to understand the things that may have driven him to this end. *HUGS EVERYONE*

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wanted to give my condolences. Suicide is one of the hardest things to understand. Especially when one has so much to leave behind.

I had a friend commit suicide in highschool and almost 300 people showed up to his funeral. I will never understand it myself because I have never thought about ending my own life. All I know is someone has got to be in a world of hurt to think that is their only option.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for you and for Amber and the whole family. It is a sad truth that many ex=military personnel are prone to suicide, and he may have been left with unresolved guilt feelings about what he witnessed in Bosnia. But it doesn't make it any easier. I pary you all have strength and can help each other.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending out prayers and vibes to you all, especially to his wife, Amber I am so glad that you are there to look out for the kitties - the fact that one of them has not been seen since the tragedy is so telling

an ex-beau of mine used to "attempt" suicide - one time, after I was married to someone else, and 8mos preggers, he took a bunch of pills & I had to go to the hospital & get him to say what he took, so I took him pretty seriously. Anyway, he always called before it was too late, till the last time when he went into his nephews' room, they were 8 & 6 years old, and put a shotgun in his mouth & killed himself. the 8yo was hospitalized for several days from the shock of seeing that ; the family couldn't afford to move, so they had to clean up...the devastation he left behind was terrible. And then at the funeral, his mother kept clinging to me & saying, "If you had married him, this wouldn't have happened! He wouldn't have done this if he had had you!", which made me cry, but deep inside, I was being hypocritical because I was glad that I hadn't married him,esp. for how he ended his life that way...

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about this...

Nothing hurts worse than someone who takes their own lives... I can only hope that you find peace with the situation in the end...

Someone who is at that sort of low, as everyone has said, is in a very large ammount of pain... At least, you know now, that his soul is at rest, and he no long has pain, which is all he was asking for...

Stay strong, because you know he would have wanted you to...

and much love.... you know there are many people here who always have an ear and a shoulder to cry on....