How contagious is FIP?

saaav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently lost my baby Princess to FIP. I took her to many many MANY vet visits and nobody could figure out what was wrong until I demanded them to do tests. (Seemed like nobody wanted to care for her) on her last day here with us we only went to the vet for a check up on how her anibiotics were working and she ended up loosing 2 pounds in 3 days and she just seemed completely out of it and her hair was falling out :( the doctor felt a lump in her belly so he decided to open her up, which I didn't think was a good idea because she was too weak to survive a surgery. She was extremely swollen all through and was very jaundice. He called me and told me that we had to put her down because she wasn't going to live any longer. We had another cat that lives with us but she's older, her and Princess played all the time. The older cat, Olive, never contracted any form of FIP. Like they said in earlier posts, it only goes after young kittens/cats because their immune system is not built up yet. Older cats have almost always been exposed to it and their immune system fights it off.