How can you tell when your cat is relaxed?--Post your pictures here

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like ur cat is sleeping while sitting lol
Mine does that when he is tired and about to crash, but he doesn't want to miss any of the "action"... you know, the kind of exciting stuff that happens around here, like when I change the TV channel, or get up to pour a cup of coffee.

He will sit up like that for a while, trying unsuccessfully to keep his eyes open, while watching me and waiting for me to do something exciting. Eventually, he will realize how tired he is and go take a proper nap.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 months ago who would of thought Timmy could join in tye "Relaxed Cats" photo thread? View attachment 457162View attachment 457163
It's all because of you Kwik Kwik and your determination, patience, persistence, and most importantly unconditional love.
Timmy is proof that it is possible to bring in a feral kitty. You just have to be willing to put the work in. Then, when you do put in the work consistently and nonstop, the payoff for the person and the scared little feral kitty is amazing!

Kwik thank you for giving Timmy a fair, fighting chance at having a domesticated home life. Where he feels loved, safe, and can finally be relaxed. The best part is he isnt alone anymore, he is safe indoors, he is loved, actually you know what.. every part of Timmy's story is the best part.
He knows he is loved. His little life has been forever changed for the best because of you Kwik. Thank you again. You are amazing.
Much love to you and your fur family!!!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Teehee what is with them sleeping with their head hanging over the edge??? I've had to catch Gabby a couple times because she would go to stretch and start sliding hahaha..
The last picture now she is literally on her back with her legs up by her face lol silly baby girl
They sleep in the funniest, cutest positions for sure
Uhhhhhhh,just melt my heart!!!!!Those little feeties over her face,just adorable

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sleep in the funniest, cutest positions for sure
I don't know how many times I've looked at my cat sleeping and thought, "How can he be comfortable like that?"

Willy often sleeps with his neck crammed into corners, so he is sleeping with his neck bent at a 90-degree angle. For example, he will sleep on the end of the couch up against the arm, with his neck bent 90-degrees upward against the arm.

My mom's cat often sleeps with half her body hanging off the edge of the cat tree, including her head.

Fun fact: because smaller animals have much less blood volume than us (substantially less, due to the square-cube law), they can tolerate being upside down much better than we can. They don't experience the same thing we do, where blood pools in our heads very quickly and intracranial pressure skyrockets. That's how bats can live most of their lives upside-down.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
:lovecat2:
I don't know how many times I've looked at my cat sleeping and thought, "How can he be comfortable like that?"

Willy often sleeps with his neck crammed into corners, so he is sleeping with his neck bent at a 90-degree angle. For example, he will sleep on the end of the couch up against the arm, with his neck bent 90-degrees upward against the arm.

My mom's cat often sleeps with half her body hanging off the edge of the cat tree, including her head.

Fun fact: because smaller animals have much less blood volume than us (substantially less, due to the square-cube law), they can tolerate being upside down much better than we can. They don't experience the same thing we do, where blood pools in our heads very quickly and intracranial pressure skyrockets. That's how bats can live most of their lives upside-down.
So funny,I'm picturing Willie with his head crammed up against the arm of tye chair-I know exactly what you're describing-,rofl!!
I'm dizzy if I bend over to pick something up,never-mind sleeping upside down

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lovecat2:
So funny,I'm picturing Willie with his head crammed up against the arm of tye chair-I know exactly what you're describing-,rofl!!
I'm dizzy if I bend over to pick something up,never-mind sleeping upside down
Me too... me too. Lol I can relate to this all to well hahaha