How can I unhook my bra with 1 hand???

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I forgot to ask DH to do it before he left for work. My right arm and shoulder are injured. Is there some household item that I can use? I can't do the twist the bra around move, even with my good arm. Thanks!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd try to "squeeze" the two sides together, left handed. Or perhaps I'd just suffer until DH comes home...

If it's stretchy enough you may be able to pull your left arm out of it, and then get it entirely off without ever unfastening it.

Do you have a female neighbor who might be at home now who'd be willing to help?

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'd try to "squeeze" the two sides together, left handed. Or perhaps I'd just suffer until DH comes home...

If it's stretchy enough you may be able to pull your left arm out of it, and then get it entirely off without ever unfastening it.

Do you have a female neighbor who might be at home now who'd be willing to help?

Margret
I can't sqeeze, tried to several times I have to remove it to shower (helps the bad arm a LOT) and sleep. No female I can ask.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I hope you’re free by now, but if not... Can you pull the straps off each shoulder, pull the bra down around your waist, and then spin the back to the front?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not that you haven't thought of this :) but maybe pick up a couple fronthook ones til this gets squared away.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can get a couple of sports bras you can bend over and with the good arm put the bad one in the arm of the bra and all. And I did manage to pull it down on my own as Mom made me struggle. I think I lost 4 lbs during that time just from pulling on the sports bra and taking it off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I ended up cutting old bras in the center front, and using a large safety pin to close them after hooking them first, then putting my arms through the straps, then fastening the pin. After what just happened, I would NOT recommend the pin. It popped open, and when I looked in my shirt to re-fasten it, it looked as if it had impaled my you-know-what, which scared the crap out of me. In reality, it hadn't popped open, but separated from the fabric, and hooked a part of my you-know-what. Ouch, but not as ouchy as the first scenario! I'll have DH put a grommet in the bra, and lace it up with ribbon. I can't drive, so I can't get to a store to buy front-opening ones, I'll have to order them online. At least I had a good laugh today!