How Can I Tell If Mum Cat To Kittens Is Pregnant Again Already

Gill Atkins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
3 weeks ago we took in a mum cat and 5 x 9 week old kittens ...We were told she had been outside a couple of times ...She was skinny and malnourished and was still occasionally feeding the kittens .We wormed and flead her and the kittens and she has been gaining weight but now we're not sure if she is pregnant again and if she is, how far gone . All but one of the kittens have now gone off to new homes .Yesterday she was rolling around on her back a lot and is not being as greedy as she was .Although she has a tummy I can't quite decide if its a pregnant belly .We have moved her crate upstairs to a quiter spot in case the poor thing is going to give birth again soon...I have spent a long time on the internet looking for info to help but as she has been nursing kittens until recently none of the normal things to look for apply .She is only just beginning to trust us so I don't want to take her to the vet for a diagnosis at this stage but just want to be prepared .

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you post a picture? How big are her sides? She could very well be pregnant again.