HOW CAN I STOP CATS FROM PEEING IN MY KITCHEN??? HELP PLEASE!?

weirsbowski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HUGE HUGE PROBLEM! Cats are visiting our house everyday and i don't know which one of them are peeing and taking a dump on my kitchen floor regularly. I''ve tried everything to keep the place clean (according to my idea in order to keep cats realize that my kitchen is not their comfort room) I clean it with excessive detergents, any other cleaning solutions i could think of. Still i found Cat waste and pee on it every time. Is there a sort of product i can use to drive these cats off. Perhaps something that will leave an odor that cats find irritating. I want to drive them off co'z they are not mine!  PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME! I AM SO TIRED OF CLEANING THEIR MESS!

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, stop allowing the cats access to come into your home. 

Then get an enzyme cleaner specifically for pet odours, or use a biological washing powder mixed with some water.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome.  I'm not sure I can best answer your question; but I do have some questions that I believe will help us give some advice.

How are these cats getting into your kitchen?  How long ago did this start?  Has it been since you moved in and the cats were already in the area?  What sort of flooring do you have?

breyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First, place a litterbox somewhere in the kitchen. Make sure it is a plain, uncovered, rectangular litterbox. Scoop or clean it daily. Clean the spots they are peeing with a CO2 or enzyme based cleaner. Then, try a spray detterent. I have one that uses cinamon, which apparently keeps cats from spraying. If that doesn't work, and they are going in one spot, tape tinfoil down where they go. Cats don't like to pee on tinfoil. You could also consider keeping the kitchen a cat free zone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weirsbowski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HI EVERYONE! Thanks for all the response. I forgot to mention that it is an OUTDOOR KITCHEN Where we do the cooking during daytime Cats from the neighbors can easily access the place because i allow them to and sometimes greet them with little food. I decided to stop it from now on, and drive them away anytime i see them. The floor is just plain CEMENT, (rough type) which is probably the reason why odors are still there to be remembered by cats. Although i love cats, i don't have one personally, nor a dog or any pet as i have not considered it since moving in and that is why i don't have any of these products or cleaners you have mentioned above.

teeneythebetta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im not sure where you can get one of these, but I saw on the show My Cat From Hell, he used a spray can, that sprayed air when it sensed movement.

It got these people's cats to stay away from their bedroom at night.

I like this because it doesnt hurt them, just scares them away.

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
HI EVERYONE! Thanks for all the response. I forgot to mention that it is an OUTDOOR KITCHEN Where we do the cooking during daytime Cats from the neighbors can easily access the place because i allow them to and sometimes greet them with little food. I decided to stop it from now on, and drive them away anytime i see them. The floor is just plain CEMENT, (rough type) which is probably the reason why odors are still there to be remembered by cats. Although i love cats, i don't have one personally, nor a dog or any pet as i have not considered it since moving in and that is why i don't have any of these products or cleaners you have mentioned above.
Also, if you plant marigolds in your garden around the area, it will discourage cats from peeing there. :nod:

sevenwonders

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww!
Maybe it doesn't work then, I've never tried it, but have heard about it from a friend before!
I don't know...

maybe I just have the wrong type of marigolds. 

They are supposed to deter deer as well, yet the deer stand in a

patch of marigolds while they feast on my tomatoes!  

kumitekat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some cats don't like citrus smells.

I would suggest seeing if you can build a barrier to keep cats out. Wired fencing with angles they can't climb. The angles should reach out toward the outside of the enclosure. Cats will look up, see the fence looming over the top of them, and will not climb on it.

I would personally be surprised if you were able to stop their behavior in another way, but I suppose someone could have a trick up their sleeve.

You have fed many different cats, and they all want to attempt to claim you now. So they are defecating and peeing in the area to claim territory. If you want it to stop you have to barrier them out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weirsbowski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, i have read some post about using lemon or citrus spray but i don't know if it works in this case. Usually this lemon or citrus spray is used in training cats and dogs. I am going to try this one and hopefully it'll do some good.