How can I not know this?

mark kumpf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom

My sister had a cat like that once. It was called a "blue cream" in color.
I agree too with dilute tortie!
Ingredients
1 Cat (color calico)
1 cup water (dilutent)

Rinse cat with cup of water OR convince cat to drink 1 cup of water.
Stand back and hope the cat is not too upset with you.

Yields 1 diluted calico cat.

Ok. that was bad. But I figured I had to live up to my title - ACO
Absurd Comment Officer.

"Well that made no sense at all."

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, alread in progress....

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I found TCS I had never heard of calico. I am confused (again), I hear some people calling black and white cats calico, and others say they have to have a bit of tortoishell too. What is a calico? I have always called black and white cats, black and white cats. I have two black and white cats, so are they calico? I have one black cat with tiny speck of white on her chest, so what is she? Also I have a tabby and white cat, is she just a tabby and white cat? You will have realised by now that I am one very confused girl.
But I would like to know so that I know what people are talking about. Please come to my rescue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Cilla! Are you SURE that you are confused??? I just got confused right along with ya! I bet they can help you know what your black and white and all white tabby cat are who are possibly calicos!
They helped me know what my Dori is!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, unless I've misunderestood, Calico is patches of black and orange (red) on a predominantly white cat -- that is, base colour white, with random patches of black and orange. The orange is the difference between a black-and-white and a calico. And, like the torti, if the black and orange elements present as grey and apricot, then you have a dilute.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran, my Buttons is a bit of a mixture. Her tummy and chest is all pure white, she has white legs so far up her legs with patches of black and apricot and fawn. Her back is all stripey black, grey, fawn and her head and ears are black/grey/apricot, her tail is black and grey stripes and part of her face (nose area and between eyes) is white. So what would you say she is?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cilla

Fran, my Buttons is a bit of a mixture. Her tummy and chest is all pure white, she has white legs so far up her legs with patches of black and apricot and fawn. Her back is all stripey black, grey, fawn and her head and ears are black/grey/apricot, her tail is black and grey stripes and part of her face (nose area and between eyes) is white. So what would you say she is?
Ummm...A real pretty cat? This mix is outta my depth -- I'll gladly leave the discernment to the experts!