How can I know it a female cat is fixed or not?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 days seems long to me, too. But the OP seems to like and trust their vet and has used them for years.

Mine get regular stitches on the outside.
There's no cost to get the stitches out or if the cat has to come back in for anything - such as an incision infection (aside from med I'm sent home with). None of my female cats have ever picked/licked at them. My poor little girl Blasa wouldn't even lick around them because she didn't like getting her tongue pricked on the stitches - it was actually amusing to watch her face when first she tried.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rod

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

did the vet determine her approximate age, or are you figuring it?
i ask because my Java [also calico] was around 3.5 months old when i found her [parking lot]. she was also clean, no fleas, super friendly [still is!] - & unspayed [which i assumed, but was right]. she was spayed after her 1st heat because she surprised me! [i think she was about 5 months old, then]. none of mine stayed overnight - but i did keep them secluded until the sedative had worn off.

About her age: I figured it out just by experience with other cats I guess, nothing exact obviously. She already has all her permanent teeth but she is still very small in size.
As I said before, she is due to be fixed next Thursday, the problem is I'm beginning to notice signs that she may be beginning to be in heat; she is too sweet and is squirming all around among other things.
My other female cat ( one and a half year old and fixed) was smelling her behind just a few minutes ago and then got very angry at her. She even hit her very hard with a cat-boxing manner.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet might charge a little extra since she is in heat. She may go back out of heat before then though. It's going to be a long week for you, LOL, cats in heat drive me crazy.