how can I keep my kitten from taking off his e collar? ?? please help

denise0236

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 236342
my 5 month old kitten had to get a few stitches on his right paw yesterday..the dr bandaged it up but he keeps trying to get lose from it..i had to take him in this morning to get it re bandaged cause it was almost all the way off.. the dr told me he has to wear his e collar no exceptions for at least 10 days..how the heck am I supposed to do that?? He has a heart attack like literally if I put it on him and ends up taking it off...any tips please????????

Last edited by a moderator:

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All I can say is what my vet once she took yarn strong it threw the hole on the e collar and ran the yarn under arm pits so to speak and it work wait and see if  some other members might have something else you can try.

Last edited:

alofty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can try to associate the collar with good things. let him sniff it and give him a treat and pet him while its near him. This might help for when you put it on him. You can put it on and then immediately give a treat and do this everytime you put it on. Just do those things when you can supervise him. Other than that he really needs to wear it so just go with the flow and eventually he'll get used to it. You could also keep the collar off whenever youre gonna be around to supervise him so he doesnt have to wear it all the time.