How can i get my kitten to eat cooked eggs?

kittenpowerpow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,
I like to give my cats eggs every now and then as a snack and a healthy source of omega 3s. But my little 3 month old doesnt take to the eggs. Is there some trick i can use to get him to eat it!?
Should i hard boil them, sunny side up, scramble? Lol

fluffybeard

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know cause my cat wont eat eggs either, lol. I've offered my cat raw egg yolk cause I heard that cats love it as a treat, but he turned up his nose at it! He loves goat cheese though!

Maybe mix it in their favorite food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenpowerpow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah yeah he picks at it. Lol im thinking of trying goat cheese. I hear kitties love it. Thanks a bunch for answering.
=D

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A number of mine don't like them. I mix them into ground food - 1/4 yolk and water.

For those on the fence with raw egg yolk (I've had more success with that than boiled or scrambled!), giving them just 1/4 or 1/2 yolk at a time mixed with some water (so it "laps up" better - otherwise it's quite sticky) and then pouring sardine juice on it worked. For one, the best topper is powdered freeze dried beef liver. It really just depends on what "toppers" your kitty(ies) like.

But mixing it in canned food or ground raw does seem to work. :)

scubacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try a bit of raw egg yolk on a plate. My Jackie loves raw yolk as a treat, she even comes running when she hears me cracking an egg for breakfast! If not, toppers or mixing into food, as already suggested, is certainly an option.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenpowerpow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah thank you guys. I mixed it into his food and he seems to like it better. He also likes when i add a little butter to it. =)

burm guy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I want to try a new food with my fussy kitties, then I add it to a little bit of tinned salmon or sardine. Works a charm ;)

lailamar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pilot - my 4 month old kitten loves eggs! He has a tiger appetite anyway that never stops! ...  I wipp one egg in a bowl really good and give him half. When he finishes that he usually miawws for more so he gets the other half. 

I feed him 1 egg weekly for now.

My mom use to say: raw eggs make the furry friend (dog/cat) fur super shiny!

.... and yes, it is true.... I had a dog and now I have a cat, and yes both had/have very soft and shiny furs!