How can I get my cat to cuddle next to me instead?

reindeer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have a little issue with my cat. She is a wonderful indoor cat, a Ragdoll who is perfect in nearly every way... however, she is really demanding when it comes to cuddling. 

She have no desire to just approach us and sit next to us when she wish to be petted. Instead, she seem to demand that we follow her to some place else, usually the hallway or bathroom, and pet her there. If we don't, she meows for eternity, and she has the saddest, most heart-broken meow I've ever heard leave the maw of a cat. And she goes on, and on, and on, and on. We have nothing against cuddling her of course, we just don't want to spend hours every day sitting on the bathroom floor, even if it IS her favorite spot(and the bottom floor is REALLY cold since we have no heater there so no thanks, kitten!). It would be so perfect if she could sit in our laps or next to us when we do other things like our other cats, and I have no idea why she persists on the bathroom of all places. But she jumps down if we pick her up and place her somewhere.

We've tried ignoring her, with the result that she gets grumpy for days. It is also not really optimal because we do of course want to fulfill her needs for attention(and cuddles, optimally), since she is an indoor cat and we can't just leave her to get bored out of her skull. She destroys the house if we do that and yowls like an abandoned puppy throughout the night. 

Can we 'fix' this somehow? She really isn't treat-oriented and we can't bribe her with food. But I don't want to spend several hours catering to the weird demands of my cat, and I also don't want to bear with her constant (and very loud) complaining. 

deanouk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try different things moving her or him into different place couple times a day every day till she knows what coming so your interacting with them instead of it being negative when it cry or moans it takes time but well worth it

deanouk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It like she wants all of u to her self , I'd just keep picking her up and sit watch tv she will soon come round