How can a person that is such an animal lover, not be a good parent?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they'd better think about it, LOL. I think we all know where it gets them if they don't :tongue2:.

All birth control methods (except for removing parts) have a chance of failure. So, yeah, if someone chooses to play the odds I expect them to take responsibility for what happens if they lose that bet. Responsible adults do need to be responsible for their own actions ;).

But that's not really the case here anyway. It seems they were in a relationship and chose to have kids.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you mean "he CHOSE to have kids"?

Did he and your sister carefully plan to have children ensuring that they were both financially/emotionally prepared?

This guy doesn't sound like he can take care of himself let alone two children. You can't blood from a stone.
Obviously he chose to have kids, he had sex, they got pregnant, and then they decided to keep the baby rather than abort/adopt. being a parent is definitely a choice. but regardless, in the beginning of their relationship they were well off financially. so they decided together to have kids.

my sister learned that he was making money in wrong ways (that id rather not talk about) and then she left him. he ended up eventually in prison and has been in and out ever since. even his son of his first marriage has been in and out of prison as well.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So are you saying that you have sex ONLY when you have decided to bear offspring?

And do you think many men are thinking about children when engaging in activities that lead to pregnancy?
Excellent point. I don't want children so take birth control, men seldom get a choice if an accident happens or BC fails, it's often up to the woman whether the man wants the child or not. 

Males and females aren't always the best parents, has nothing to do with loving animals at all. Likewise wonderful parents may dislike animals. 

Last edited:

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent point. I don't want children so take birth control, men seldom get a choice if an accident happens or BC fails, it's often up to the woman whether the man wants the child or not. 

Males and females aren't always the best parents, has nothing to do with loving animals at all. Likewise wonderful parents may dislike animals. 
And TBH, the kind of 'birth control' men have (trying to be as PG as possible..)is very effective. The biggest reason for failure, is user error. And if it breaks, they KNOW. I've been told so. They just choose to ignore it.