How are you Fwan?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend is very supportive about these things.
The first half year being with him was hell. but i dont know why i kept on giving him chances. Then he finally got his act together
in the past 7 months he has changed alot.. he is more supportive and he has matured alot more!!
although sometimes he does act like a child!
He gets shy about certain things, like His mum wants us to marry and he kept on snapping at her and going crazy about the topic. and then he has his certain moods and says he does want to marry but not yet because we are still young and he wants to have a job before he can fully support me and finish his school. Which i agree beacause he is only still 20 and im only 18 and it wouldnt be right to get married if we hadnt finished something in our life like school.
Im very glad that i have him. He went through the same thing.
WHen he was 11 his mother and step father split. He was stuck with a 3 month old baby looking after. His step father was an alcoholic and then he had to go to a childrens home.
he went through alot more than me but he just didnt have an abusive family.
His step father just faced death back in july. He was admited to hospital and just made it. he went into rehab and ended up finishing early because he stopped drinking and smoking! we are all very proud of him. But because he has been a drinker for more than half of his life he is trying to take on the role of being a father and the family there is actually falling appart because he is trying to do everything.

But now another problem has arised although it hasnt got much to do with me.
His sister is 18. A month younger than me I see her as my self alot... we have the same figure and we think alike, only problem is shes an alcoholic and she wont stop.
I mean she is only 18 why throw your life away like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It must be tough to watch someone else go through the mess that you're avoiding. It does sound ridiculously harsh, but alcoholism is her choice - only she can get out of it herself - and all you can do is help pick up the pieces if and when she decides to give up. In a strange, twisted kind of way, it's a good thing that your boyfriend has experienced the alcoholism in the family as well, because he truly will understand what you're feeling and going through, and he'll at least be able to offer you an understanding shoulder to lean on when you need it. Someone who understands is a rare thing, but more than appreciated when you find it. Yeah... I think all men act like kids form time to time - my boyfriend will be 30 on the 17th - and he's still got the mentality of a guy ten years younger (although that's easy to keep in check) He's really predictable and stable though, which is really what I need in life now. Your boyfriend certainly sounds like a good'un, even if the first 6 months were difficult. What's the phrase... "he's a keeper?" Trust me though, if he messes you about, I shall personally come over and rip his arms off and beat him to death with the soggy ends!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fwan i lived above 2 alcoholics years ago. She met him in the hospital when they were both in trying to dry out, but as soon as any problem came up in their lives both of them would hit the bottle again!.

I did everything i could to try and help her in the beginning and her shrink took me to one side one day and said i'd done everything possible to help her and that although it was difficult i had to leave her to it because until she admitted she has a problem, (and 9/10 they don't think they have!) even they couldn't help her either!.

It is a shame but sadly she has to want to help herself stop.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha yes my mother wont admit she has a problem but she admits she has to stop

One of the jobs i wanted to do was to help children with alcoholic/drug addict/abusive families.
My dad is abusive towards her when she is totally off her face and in some ways i cant blame him because i would do it too but i know that it is so wrong to hit someone because of their illness. Maybe one day i will be able to save some children from the trauma. But the thing is most children dont speak up untill they are teenages and thats the sad thing.