How afraid are your cats?? (of your vacuum)

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Just out of curiousity, are they scared? Do they go running when you get the vacuum out?
Mine dont seem too bothered, but silly Taffy likes to chase me

So what about yours??
Not the vacuum. But I recently broke my foot and am now on crutches and Alley runs from me whenever she sees me coming her way. Cats just seem to be afraid of different things.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have central vac, and when the hose comes out, the cats disappear!
The cannister is in the garage and they won't even go into the garage when someone goes in or out because the "vacuum monster" lives in there!

kirst

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sammi gets very scared and goes and hides the bed til im down and then only when i call her.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Kitty hates it and will go out so I usually wait to do the hoovering, not that he runs things around here or anything

And Maisie, as she`s in her own little room at the moment and she kicks litter everywhere, I have to hoover round her room every day. I open the door and give her some food in the hall but when she`s done she comes running back and stands in the way! She`s a brave cookie!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oz is terrified of the vacuum and will not be in the same room as it, even when it's unplugged. Spike, on the other hand, is convinced that the vacuum cleaner means to do me harm, and therefore, he must kill it beforehand. He's really funny about it, too, because he's also afraid of the vacuum and wants to hide, but at the same time, it has to die so that it won't hurt me. He'll hide under the futon, then suddenly leap out and attack it, then have a mini freak-out and run away again. It's ... impressive.
His concern for my well-being is very touching, though.