How ABOUT great things about cold weather?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by katl8e
I get to wear my favorite purple velvet dress and boots. Otherwise, I HATE it!
Boots! Definitely boots! I am ashamed to say I am up to 4 pairs now....and this is Florida!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oohhhhhhhh I love boots as well. My S/O can't figure out why I need 4 pair of black. Deb25 is under the impression that I'm tall because I was wearing boots all weekend when we hung out.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bill just shakes his head, when I buy another pair. I have 5 pairs, in purple alone. Only 4 black, though!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sherral
Just when you think you really have it bad, someone else always comes along who has it even worse!!
I wish we HAD a butthut at work!!!! If we smoke we have to stand out in the open during, rain, sleet, hail, snow, strong cold winds
and waaaaay below zero temperatures!!!
We're trying to talk the administration into building a shelter for us now.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope they do,we have only had ours for a year,before that we were outside,in the rain,snow,sleet,you would think we would stop smoking instead of going through this !!!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by airprincess
oohhhhhhhh I love boots as well. My S/O can't figure out why I need 4 pair of black. Deb25 is under the impression that I'm tall because I was wearing boots all weekend when we hung out.

So I bought a pair to compete with you. Just wait until next time....I won't be squeakin' either....

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good things about the cold...

1) Snow (never seen it but would like to)
2) Not having average temperature of 40+ C, (guessing that's 100+F)
3) Not feeling like you're being fried when you step outdoors.
4) Not regretting that the shady carpark spot you picked seems like 1000 miles from the shopping centre entrance. (I would rather walk in the rain)
5) Not feeling like you're being slowly baked when you sit in your car after shopping.
6) Being able to enjoy hot chocolate.
7) Cuddle up to a loved one and not sweating due to body heat. (Yes, eww....but it happens in hot weather.)
8) Actually having cold water when you turn on the COLD tap and not collecting hot water in a bucket to leave to cool to water plants with.
9) Ice skating.
10) Being able to get warm easily if cold. Trying to cool down is HARD.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Airprincess, check the Newport News catalog. I got knee-high suede boots, with 4" heels, from there. My purple suede granny boots came from Fingerhut. Justin makes purple ropers but, I hate ropers. The heels are flat and the boots make my feet look HUGE!!