housework motivation tread

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have family coming for dinner tonight. I still say that is the best motivation for house work. The floors will get a vac this afternoon and the toilet always gets a scrub ;)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did I miss seeing this thread until now?!   

Well, as some of you know, I started my own cleaning business last year, & my schedule filled up pretty fast due to referrals from clients. 

So, for me, I will usually come home & do some cleaning on Thursday, & or Friday afternoon, after I am done for the day.  This way I don't have to do it on the weekend.

(After cleaning other houses all week)  I guess you could say that's my motivation!!

Unless anything needs a deeper cleaning, I can usually just do a quick run through, because I keep it up regularly enough. (My shoes off at the door policy helps keep things clean too!)

I will do a quick dusting around the house w/ the swiffer wand, & hit all the glass tables in the living room w/ glass cleaner, then  vacuum the floors.

The bathroom is usually done throughout the week, so it depends on if I do that as well. I keep Clorox wipes, an eraser sponge, & a microfiber cloth in the bathroom for quick clean ups, as well as a squeegee in the shower. The toilet gets cleaned 3 or more times a week, as needed.  (It's just me alone here).

I swiffer or steam mop the kitchen & bathroom. (bathroom rug gets washed about every other week. Shaken out, or vacuumed in between).

I make my bed every morning, so that is always done.

I don't leave dishes in the sink either. I wash them when I'm done. (I feel like leaving dirty dishes in the sink over night is an invitation for bugs).  

I scoop the litter box after each use.  (& do a full dump & wash/refill every 2 weeks, unless needed sooner).

I stopped using a mat because it's just easier to sweep it all up w/ the broom, & I have a hand vac. I use in the kitchen instead of using a dust pan. 

This way I can also keep the floor cleaner if there are any pee pee drops on the floor when he gets out. I also keep a tub of Clorox wipes there too, to wipe up anything wet on the floor, or

the sides or edges of the box.  So, the kitchen gets swept at least 2XS a day, & usually swiffer mopped almost every day.  

Oh, & the kitchen counters are done throughout the day, as used. So much, that I now just keep my homemade cleaner by the sink, so it's right there for use on counters & sinks.

I make a solution of vinegar, lemon juice, & water, & sometimes add an essential oil like lavender, tee tree, or peppermint. 

I usually end up doing some laundry on Sunday, if not during the week. Because it's just me, it's usually not too bad, unless I've had a massage client, or have traded w/ another therapist as well, then

I have extra sheets. 

Last edited: