House

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I do, that was freaky. I like that in House like fasion the explaination of their resident death cat was that it liked sleeping on the warming blankets.
Was that the case for the other cat?
to be honest I was "parked" with a Non natural explanation about it...
I would be great a "scientific" explanation about it , don´t you think?...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought last night's episode was absolutely heart-breaking. House is such an SOB sometimes that it's hard to like him. I had this whole scenario of next season going on in my head, with House turning warm and fuzzy because he's in love. What a strange turn of events.
I really liked the 'wedding song'; how strange to use "As Tears Go By", but it sounded beautiful.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strange indeed. Going back to the OP about Kutner, that was so shocking. The image of Foreman and 13 crawling around in his blood, trying desperatly to save him, that left me speachless and that is not an easy thing to do! Never giving a reason as to why he took his life, well that is suicide, sometime you just don't get an answer as to why. That is disturbing House, being the master puzzle solver, a riddle without an answer. I need to do some catch up viewing though, once I get my high speed back, missed a few!

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've felt so bad for House the last two episodes, seeing his realizations and that look of absolute helplessness. It actually made me tear up. My BF thinks I'm crazy for feeling bad for him.

I thought it was strange that he didn't go to a detox center as well. *shrugs* We shall see next episode. I'm excited.

Oh, and what about Chase and Cameron getting married?
Cameron's dress was beautiful.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We just had the episode with the deaf boy - that made me angry because that dr foreman doesn't believe that deaf people have a culture. Bloody hell, they do!
There were a few conversations and texts about that last night.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The point wasn't that deaf people don't have a culture, but that some are extreme and don't want to hear even though the possibility is availabe to them. Why should a deaf person suddenly be shut out form the community just because they get an implant and now can hear? I don't understand. If I were blind I would would want to see, if deaf I would want to hear, if I lost any of my senses I would want them back.
I do agree it was very wrong to do that without permission and I yelled at the TV to the dismay of the person watching with me, no one should be invaded like that. But to say people should remain deaf because of the culture, I will never understand.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The point wasn't that deaf people don't have a culture, but that some are extreme and don't want to hear even though the possibility is availabe to them. Why should a deaf person suddenly be shut out form the community just because they get an implant and now can hear? I don't understand. If I were blind I would would want to see, if deaf I would want to hear, if I lost any of my senses I would want them back.
I do agree it was very wrong to do that without permission and I yelled at the TV to the dismay of the person watching with me, no one should be invaded like that. But to say people should remain deaf because of the culture, I will never understand.
I am deaf. A cochlear implant does not work in the way people think it does. I can give you a whole lesson about being deaf. Don't make assumptions if you haven't experienced it.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too was surprised that House went to a mental hospital rather than detox. I guess maybe it was because of all the hallucinations, he's begun to think he's crazy? Yet they said that abusing the drugs could cause the same reaction. I did find it 'different' how they flashed back and forth between Cameron & Chases' wedding and Wilson watching House walk up to the mental hospital. Maybe signifying the new start in both lives? But definitely loved the episode!
I so didnt realize that sleeping with Cutty was a dream until he started having those flashbacks to it! Rob was somewhat suspicious that it was. I'm so glad I got home in time to watch it rather than DVR it like I usually do - I would have been so angry to miss the ending! My cable box time said it was 9:08 when it went off, I would have missed the final 8 minutes!

As for the original post in this thread, I missed the episode of Kutner killing himself. The ONE episode I've missed this entire season
A bunch of people on my Facebook status list had posted it was a shocker, and of course I couldn't keep myself from finding out. Definitely gotta catch the rerun of that or find it online.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I am deaf. A cochlear implant does not work in the way people think it does. I can give you a whole lesson about being deaf. Don't make assumptions if you haven't experienced it.
No offence was intended, simply stating that I do not understand. Might be an interesting topic for a thread, as I am sure there are many people like me who would like to be educated and discuss this and I certainly don't want to derail this thread! I tend to do that somethimes, having a big mouth, lol.
Now, back to the regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well they did raise the point that he's been on Vicodin for years and never had hallucinations. It'll make next season interesting.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love having Amber back as one of House's hallucinations. He'd never admit it, of course, but he has to feel responsible for her death.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

No offence was intended, simply stating that I do not understand. Might be an interesting topic for a thread, as I am sure there are many people like me who would like to be educated and discuss this and I certainly don't want to derail this thread! I tend to do that somethimes, having a big mouth, lol.
Now, back to the regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.
No offence taken, happy to educate if you ask.

Originally Posted by sarahp

Well they did raise the point that he's been on Vicodin for years and never had hallucinations. It'll make next season interesting.
It is not going to be like the Izzy/Denny story, I hope!

Originally Posted by libby74

I love having Amber back as one of House's hallucinations. He'd never admit it, of course, but he has to feel responsible for her death.
I do believe he feels responsible for Amber's death, as well as Kutners, but you know what he is like, he will never admit to it.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with a few others with not understanding why House is going to a psychiatric hospital which would only treat the symptom not the problem. Going to a detox center would treat both the symptom and the problem.
I do remember an episode where House admitted himself into the detox part of the hospital he works at but paid someone to slip him in vicodins. He's crafty! Which makes me wonder how it will go at the psych hospital

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm beginning to think that this whole show is way above my intellect level!

I just watched the ending of what I assume to be this most current season, and just like all of the rest of the season endings, I'm completely and utterly lost. It went way over my head!

globalspot28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It IS interesting. Sometimes I watch the repeats, because there are things I miss the first time.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Is that the one where he detoxed and then slept with Cutty?
Not really sure. He did sleep with her and in the end you see him entering into a psychiatric hospital. Where that came from I have no clue!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Not really sure. He did sleep with her and in the end you see him entering into a psychiatric hospital. Where that came from I have no clue!
But the whole de-toxing/sleeping with Cutty thing was a hallucination. The Vicodin was causing the hallucinations, and they got so bad that he actually believed he de-toxed and slept with her.

Which makes me also wonder why he didn't go to a rehab center instead of a mental hospital. Hmmmmm.....