House Wrecking Cats

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

​Watch for a true Hunnic Reign of Total Terror when the 5-month-olds get to be about 9 months old. As you already know . . .

Don't be afraid to crate them (in a nice roomy cage) till they're old enough to act right. Unless you enjoy them playing Sabre Tooth Tiger with your toes in bed at night. On top of all else. At least they'll be too busy with each other to bother the elder much.
The two little ones have a kitten proof room with all the amenities. For now they get a couple hours "house time" during the day and a couple more at night. The 9 month old is a surprisingly nice house kitty. They all respect the 15 year old. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Right in the middle of your photo, is that a little yellowish/greenish ball hanging from a string for them to play with?  Please be sure to NEVER leave that hanging down where they can get at when you aren't watching.  Strings can wrap around necks and strangle.  The ball on the end makes it more likely to catch and wrap.  I watched as our Lucy kitten tried to strangle herself with a feather on the end of a hanging string.  I leaped to lift her and unwrap her but you can imagine how I felt seeing her body jerk, suspended in the air.  I took every hanging string down, even the ones without something on the end.  If I am seeing the photo wrongly, sorry, still a good warning though.  Actually, I think I see two other strings as well?

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes, there are 3 there & a computer mouse (I hope they want to catch the other mice when they are bigger) on the other couch, plus a usb cable outside on the verandah clothes line

Bonnie & Clyde do not have collars on & I just raised the ball & mice higher as they get older so they have to jump to get to even touch them.  I only got that box infront of the couch yesterday

I watch them all the time & I adjust things as they grow (they are 64 days old today :))

I even never put collars on my German Shepherds, when I had then, as I heard stories of dogs catching collars on things & hanging themselves, especially in the bush or on fences

we humans are the only animal that have the capacity to look after every other animal on this planet, so let's treat every other animal the same way we treat our furry mates; except mozzies & flies, they can go

p.s. thanks for the beer DoomsDave