House is under fix, door has to be oponed and kitten inside

raphael lippi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi

My almost 3 month old kitten is an indoor one. If you see one of my older threads, you will see she is curious about the outside , even though she has been always inside. The inside walls are under painting, and she can ruin the work( she likes to scratch the walls). Problem is, my mother said the door will be opened until the job is done, as the painter needs to go in and out.

Yesterday, as I was with her outside in the front yard supervisioning her, she found a little escape under a broken part of the gate. I had no idea she could pass there. I know she could climb the walls, as they are short enough( but I will rise them in the future), but for some reason she still didn't learn how to climb. So I am keeping her inside my bedroom with her food/water in, and letting her out for the litter box.

However, when she is not sleeping, she wants to wander outside the bedroom, as there isn't much to do here, even after letting her play with EVERYTHING. So she meows asking to go out, and If the outside door is opened, she leaves, although she doesn't care about the outside unless the door is opened ( never asks to leave unless I'm out)

After she escaped, I am not allowing her out again, even under supervision. I want her to get used to being inside all the time.

Any tips on how to keep her away from the opened door?
Also, isn't it a little weird she still didn't climb any wall yet?

That's her, Lilith.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's no way to keep a cat from being enticed by an open door. I am fanatical about keeping doors closed. She will just have to stay inside your room until the paint is dry. You are right not to let her out - it is so dangerous for a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raphael lippi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am being more radical in keeping her inside now, she won't miss the outside. The Paint is done, and she is safe now.