Hot Summer Days

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Just wondering....Don't you have screens for your windows in the UK? I mean if you did, you could open your windows, and have no worries about the kitties getting outside, plus the fact that bee's and bugs can get in, without screens. I couldn't live without them.
I've no idea why we don't have them Hope?!.

I know in my house i only get the odd fly come into the house, and thats with my windows open.

They still get some fresh air though with the windows open

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I open the windows, my cats love to sit in the windows and look out, yet I don't have to worry about them getting outside. Truthfully, even if I didn't have cats, I'd want screens in them. I'm literally terrified of bees, and hornets and flying bugs that sting and hurt you.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Its really amazed me when I went to the UK that no one used window screens!!!
Ahhh a simple explanation - it is very rare that we have tonnes of windows open at the same time in this country with is oh so unpredictable climate!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate hot weather, and it was like mid July weather since early June. I put a rainbarrel system in my garden, and have resorted to filling up the barrel with the garden hose, because we have had NO rain for a month. My grass is all brown and dry, and for Southern Ontario, that is very very unusual at this time of year.

I hate it. It's 34 right now. I have a weather icon on my toolbar, and I watch the temperature climb every day.

I am going to Newfoundland for vacation in 2 weeks, and the temperature there has been hovering around 20. I can't wait.