Hot enough for ya???

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after a false start lulling us all into a false sense of security with the coolest December since 1918, Perthâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s summer has finally arrived with a vengeance!!

This morning it was 36 (97F) degrees by 10.30, and now, at 1.30 it is 35, with 38 percent humidity.

I went outside to wash out the litter trays for about ten seconds and I burnt my feet on the driveway. Ouch!

And itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s forecast to be 40 (104F) on Thursday and Friday.

Thank goodness this is the first house Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve ever lived in (away from my parents) that has air conditioning, and I just had air conditioning put into my car, too. YAY!! Summer may, possibly, be bearable this year after all.

And only 144 sleeps till winter!!
(Autumn doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t count here cos summer and autumn tend to merge and itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s just as hot in April as it is in February!!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God I WISH. I spend all year praying for winter and then roll around in it like a happy kitty kat when it finally arrives!! Guess I'm living in the wrong city for a temperate climate...lol

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That happens alot here. After a nice spring, June will get all cool, cloudy and damp. I call it "Indian Winter."

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Perth is slap bang on the edge of the Gibson Desert, and we have VERY hot, humid summers and warm, dry winters with freezing cold nights.

But many, many people move here from other parts of Australia because we do have generally warm weather nearly the whole year, and our beaches are so beautiful, and city so lovely and clean and big, and such a small population (about 1.4 million) so it's just a gorgeous place to live.

But I just can't BEAR hot weather and tend to spend days like this cooped up inside in the dark with my bathers on, jumping in and out of the shower every hour or so!!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can Sierra, Serenity, and I come stay with you, Sarah! I love hot weather!
We're in the 30's right now...way too cold! Looking forward to Spring that's just around the corner!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anytime Stephanie!

Maybe your little ones can help Sunday deal with the heat. She lies around like she's been de-boned!!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The weather is pretty crazy here too. One day it was 75 and the next day 40 something. Today it was in the 30's and by sunday back in the 60's..
What on earth is going on?? Isn't this supposed to be winter????

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

But I just can't BEAR hot weather...
I just can't get myself to feel your pain.
I'd love to have hot weather right now.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been breaking records here in CO today. It was 66 in Denver and 74 down by Colorado Springs. Now this is the kind of winter weather I like!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 10 Cats

We've been breaking records here in CO today. It was 66 in Denver and 74 down by Colorado Springs. Now this is the kind of winter weather I like!
65 and up is nice! Lucky you!
It's unusually warm where I live right now at 27° F.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I just can't get myself to feel your pain.
I'd love to have hot weather right now.
Oh yes, the grass is always greener. If it were the middle of winter I'd probably be complaining that I couldn't go to the beach.

On second thought, not true.....aaaaaargh I am walking around my house in dejected circles gazing longingly at the outside world and every time I get up the courage to go outside and experience the joys of summer I am met with a huge palpable wall of shimmering heat outside the door and I run back inside and cower till I get over it...

Max went for an hour long bike ride and then did 45 minutes of yoga. But he's a mutant.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh yes, the grass is always greener. If it were the middle of winter I'd probably be complaining that I couldn't go to the beach.

On second thought, not true.....aaaaaargh I am walking around my house in dejected circles gazing longingly at the outside world and every time I get up the courage to go outside and experience the joys of summer I am met with a huge palpable wall of shimmering heat outside the door and I run back inside and cower till I get over it...

Max went for an hour long bike ride and then did 45 minutes of yoga. But he's a mutant.
"dejected circles" Next time I'm walking in circles that is going to be running through my mind.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I've picked it up from the dogs.

It's what they do when they haven't been for a walk yet.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah, I've picked it up from the dogs.

It's what they do when they haven't been for a walk yet.
Ummm... maybe you should go to the bathroom then.
(just kidding)

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol!!

You know, they're a really good indicator of the heat. Yesterday I went to take them out the back for a pee (them, not me
) and they just flat refused to come further than the doorway. They actually sat in the doorway looking at me as if to say `You complete freak as IF we're going out there!' and then turned around and went and lay back down in front of the fan. I gave up after that.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've been in the high 70s to low 80s, for the past two weeks. Overnight lows have been high 40s to low 50s. We haven't even turned on the furnace.

Our summers hit triple digits but that's why they invented air conditioning. I'd MUCH rather be warm than cold!