Hosting a kitten for a week?

nourhany1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A close friend of mine will be traveling for about a week in November, and she needs me to take care of her 5months old kitten, so I decided I will host him until she comes back insha'allah

But I have my 3 months old kitten Yuki, so I don't know if's alright to let them meet normally, or must I put her kitten in one room only?

We let them meet once while we were in the car going to the vet together and they didn't seem to mind each other

But I don't know if it's because we weren't in a territory, or if it was because it's a weird place

And they are both males

so I don't know if's alright to let them meet normally, or must I put her kitten in one room only?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Generally we recommend the visiting kitten be in one room.  Cat introductions are usually best done slowly and methodically over a period of days to months for some even.  Kittens can be easier; but not necessarily.  Since it's a temporary arrangement; I don't know that I would risk stressing either of them out any more than they already will be.  Cat's know each other by smell.  Something as simple as taking a cat to the vet will cause them to smell differently and can have even litter mates hissing at each other for a few days.  The majority of cats do not do well with temporary meetings or "play dates" like some dogs enjoy. 

Do be sure both cats are in good health and up to date with their shots and veterinarian care. 

This article explains the process of introducing cats and may be helpful to you: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

Good luck!  I hope you have a good week with your extra furry one to care for!