Horrifying News Story

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got access, to asphalt trucks. This guy deserves to be dropped into one of the hoppers and poked with sticks.

munchie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I double posted this as well. I'm so shocked. I really hope your justice system really nails this guy and he doesn't get away with it. If anyone get's further updates, please post them.

Munchie

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jeanie, your research skills are amazing! Thank you for this!

The HSUS response to e-mail has been encouraging. Their Investigations Dept. will be working with the prosecutor to help seek a felony conviction. Please contact the Prosecuting Attorney to thank him and respectfully ask that he fully prosecute this case and seek a felony conviction. The address is as follows:

Don Norris
Clay County Prosecutor
Prosecutor's Office
111 South Water Street
Liberty, MO 64068
Phone # 816-792-7657

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There will be a Juvenile Animal Cruelty Open House, in Tucson tomorrow. There will be lectures and info, from law enforcement.

The local paper printed the following statistics:

76% of animal cruelty offenses are committed by males (90% of those involve intentional cruelty and dogfighting.)

48% of rapist and 30% of child molestors committed acts of animal cruelty as children or adolescents.

71% of abused women report that their batterers have threatened to hurt/kill their pets and have done so, while 32% of battered women with children report that their children have hurt or kiled pets.

80% of homes in which animal control agencies found abused/neglected pets there had been pevious investigations by child welfare agencies of physical abuse and neglect.

Most teen schoolyard shooters were abusing animals months or even years prior to their killing sprees on school campuses. Likewise, many serial killers including Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy and Albert DeSalvo (the Boston Strangler) abused, tortured or mutilated animals as youth.

A Masachussetts SPCA study showed that people who abuse animals are five times more likely to commit violent crimes than nonabusers.

The typical animal abuser is a male of average intellignce with an early history of antisocial behavior, with a childhood history that is likely to include gross neglect, brutality, rejaction and hostility.

Source: Humane Society of the United States.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the city of Tucson is giving this problem the attention it deserves. Thanks for posting this, Cindy.

elyse449

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sending blessings for that poor little tabby. For during her short life she was not treated well and I feel so sorry that this was her first experiences in our world. May the world be kinder, gentler--and more understanding. She is at peace in heaven now.