Horrible mistake

lunidoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so devastated to hear about your loss. I am so sorry, this is just heartbreaking. I also live in constant fear that something like this will happen to me as I have an awful neighbour who doesnt like cats and technically I am only supposed to have 2 but I have 7. I have her convinced that I have only have 3 but I am scared its only a matter of time as she is always on the look out trying to catch me out as I know she suspects that I have more.

It drives me insane that you can even be put in this position and that someone has the right to take your babies from you and cause this amount of pain. It is so unfair that someone can own 1 cat and maltreat it and not care for it and nothing is done about it by the authorities. And then you have people who provide wonderful caring homes like yourself and you are made to suffer for your kindness. The amount of kitties you have should be irrelevant as long as they are looked after properley. I just dont get the complete injustice of this situation and I really feel for you. I am so sorry. These animals are not just cats, they are part of the family - they are my children and if someone tried to take them away from me I dont know what Id do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kc65

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she is just one of those wacky type of people. A big trouble maker. The whole neighborhood hates her.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I just read this story, how horrible.
I am so sorry for your loss. The city I live in has ordinances too, but I say, to hell with them. I pay some of the highest takes in my area and they will never tell me I have to get rid of some of my cats. Heck, I have Amber and I know they would not want me to have her, but they have no choice. You see, there are many loop holes in these ordinances if you look. For one thing, my city states that you can have only 4 cats and/or dogs. So right there, you can have 8 cats. There mistake in the ordinance is the and/or part. If I can have 4 cats and 4 dogs, why not just 8 cats? As for Amber, they state you can not have exotic pets including but not limited to Lions, Tigers, Bears, Cougars. They do not state I can not have a Bobcat. Now here is the catch. They explain what they meant by "exotic animal". To my city an exotic animal is any animal not native to northeast Ohio. Well, this could include almost any pet. How many have birds or fish? Most of them are not native to Ohio. But the best part is, Bobcats ARE native to northeast Ohio, even though they have been almost all but eliminated by us humans. (I have never seen a Bobcat in Ohio, but they say they are making a comback) The state of Ohio says I can own a Bobcat. Anyway, my point is this. DO NOT give in to your city government so easily. Fight for your right to own your cats. You live in the USA and you have the right to freedom of choice. As long as the animals are in very good care and they pose no threat to your health or any one elses health. This is another good reason to keep them inside. I wish I would have read this post sooner. You could have even told the city you watch cats for people while they are away on vacation. So please, anyone else reading this, fight for your feline friends. If they are in good care, no one should tell you to ger rid of them. Also, please keep them inside!

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I'm so sorry I'm sat here
like an idiot! I don't understand how your neighbour could be so cruel. It makes me so
that things like this can happen.