Horrible eBay experience

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was the first time I've ever had a negative experience on eBay. I have 100% feedback, and am quick to pay, but this person would refuse to refund my money over a valid concern. So, I had to file a complaint with PayPal... I hope I get my money back. I feel totally gipped right now. I can't stand dishonest sellers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too... I hope I get a full refund.

Has anybody else had a bad eBay experience?

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That does suck. I am going throught a similar experience with one right now, who I paid about 2 months ago but never received the item...

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had NPB and its a sucky one. Paypal should help you get your money abck and if its ruled in your favor, watch to see if they file a Neg on you if they do file with ebay to have it removed a a retalatory FB

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It happened to me twice, once I didn't receive the item and the person (i thought) was ignoring my emails but he just hadn't been on ebay to get my 'ask seller question' mails and my emails were blocked by his spam filter. An hour after getting the email from paypal the funds were back in my account, positive feedback left and a replacement sent for free.

The second time, the person stalled for so long that it went past the point where paypal could do something and she moved and changed emails & phone number and I lost $90

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I won an auction on Nov 23 for some perfume. I never received the item. I sent emails, made phone calls to them. They promised two times to send the item, but they never did. I made a pest of myself calling them and sending emails and I filed a dispute notice with ebay. Finally they agreed to send a refund. I had to call again before I ever got it. I finally received the refund one day last week. As a rule, I think most people do what they say the will do. Overall I have been very satisfied.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

I have had NPB and its a sucky one. Paypal should help you get your money abck and if its ruled in your favor, watch to see if they file a Neg on you if they do file with ebay to have it removed a a retalatory FB
What does NPB stand for? They have no right to leave a negative, as I tried to resolve the problem. I think they might look at her feedback... she's guilty of similar past experiences.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It happened to me twice, once I didn't receive the item and the person (i thought) was ignoring my emails but he just hadn't been on ebay to get my 'ask seller question' mails and my emails were blocked by his spam filter. An hour after getting the email from paypal the funds were back in my account, positive feedback left and a replacement sent for free.

The second time, the person stalled for so long that it went past the point where paypal could do something and she moved and changed emails & phone number and I lost $90
Yeah, I think sometimes there is just a bad apple. I have 100% feedback, and although I rarely ask for a refund, when I have they were agreeable. This woman is refusing to admit she's in the wrong. I figure, if you're going to sell goods on eBay, you've got to be reasonable and fair with customer service.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't had problems (but I only bought two items) but my s/o bought some D&D miniatures from a guy in Hong Kong and they were factory rejects... not at all what he'd advertised. He offered to replace them (no doubt with more rejects) if s/o sent them back... but at my s/o's expense! Half the cost of these things was in shipping!

Anyway, I'm sorry about your experience. That's not very nice at all.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so unfortunate, Jenn, especially it being eBay, a reputable site many of us frequent and hope we can trust for its good business practices. It's such a good thing this seems to be the exception and not the rule. Sure hope you get this resolved.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

That's so unfortunate, Jenn, especially it being eBay, a reputable site many of us frequent and hope we can trust for its good business practices. It's such a good thing this seems to be the exception and not the rule. Sure hope you get this resolved.
Thanks Steph. You're absolutely right, it is the exception and not the rule. I have never had to file a complaint, and have never had a negative experience before. I have bought plenty on eBay and usually sellers are very accomodating.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

What does NPB stand for? They have no right to leave a negative, as I tried to resolve the problem. I think they might look at her feedback... she's guilty of similar past experiences.
Non paying bidder.

No she has no right to. But she can. thats why I suggested if she DOES there are ways you can fix it, but fileing with ebay that it was relalitory Ie she claimed neg because you filed for a refund. and they will remove it.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Non paying bidder.

No she has no right to. But she can. thats why I suggested if she DOES there are ways you can fix it, but fileing with ebay that it was relalitory Ie she claimed neg because you filed for a refund. and they will remove it.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping it won't come to do that.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes that happens once in a while. I had some jerk leave me negative retaliotory feedback and am still trying to get my feedback score back to at least 98%. He messed me up good!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Maybe we're all dealing with the same jerk???
Yeah. Sounds like I have some company when in comes to bad eBayers.

It takes them approximately 30 days to do the investigation. I had to fill out a form, and it was pretty tedious. It's just a lot of hassle for a relatively small amount of money.

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is a big ink printer company on ebay. I can't remember their name off hand...but they made me SO mad! I bought from them and was told that my item had shipped. Well come to find out - they took my money for an item that THEY did not have!!!! Therefore I didn't get the product when I needed it and had to go spend MORE money to buy the printer ink at wal-mart!! Okay then when I did get my order finally ...the ink container wasn't even full and was HORRIBLE quality!!!

I gave them negative feedback.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like lots of sellers won't accept bids from people with less than perfect feedback, so I won't buy from people who have just joined or who have more than one negative comment, however much I want the item. I have always had good experience as a result. I also try to always ask the seller a question - it gives you a 'feel' for what they are like towards their customers.

bmmac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've only had one bad experience with ebay, fortunately it wasn't a lot of money involved. Never got the item or a refund. Person cancelled account so I couldn't track them down. All there feedback had been positive so you just never know.

Beth
(Tia's Mom)