Hope she does not come back!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it isn't done yet, spaying her will probably cut back on a lot of her behaviors that you are unhappy with. That is always the first thing to do to figure out the cause of these behaviors.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GLad to know things are not what they seemed! We all need to rant sometimes. On the plants - some constructive advice. A kitten will go anywhere that seems appropriate ie has earth or similar, until they are trained not to. Mine have all used the plant pots at some time - to be honest, I would rather that than the carpet! I cut large circles of cardboard, make a hole in the middle and slit them, then fit them round the plants. That, plus teaching them the word 'no' and lifting them off the pot and onto the litter tray each time they try, works after a bit. It is important to have litter trays handy on each floor of the house, as a small kitten sometimes needs to go very quickly and must be able to find a tray close to hand. As they get bigger you can cut down on the number if you want to, though with two cats you should have at least three.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like everyone else, I was shocked at your original post and sat here for awhile with my jaw dropped in my lap. I would agree with what others have said, this kitten is behaving like a normal kitten. It takes love and patience to raise a baby, and a kitten is a baby. I hope that you are willing to commit yourself to that patience and the time it takes for her to grow out of kittenhood. This site is a wealth of resources and information to help guide you on your way. Best of luck!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad she came back, and that it was just frustration that led you to make that post. I totally understand frustration with kitties. Mine do not get along, and sometimes I would like to skin them and make tabby slippers, (but only for a few seconds) when 2 of them gang up on the other one. I hope you stay with us, there are many people herer that will be glad to guide you through the frustration. I have learned so much in the 3 years I have been posting here. I do not mean to harp on this subject, but spaying will help a lot in the behavior problems. I was almost ready to give up on Pepper, she was such a little butthead until she was spayed, and now she is a very sweet little girl.
The difference is like night and day.

mrsfishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vegasbound

and the missing truck keys didn't help matters...
Well, just so you know...you DO have to kitten proof your home just like you have to baby proof it when you have kids. Try putting a key hook by your door for the keys from now on!

tru87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As I can understand your frustation I feel sorry for that little innocent life becuase it's not her fault she's the way she is... If you weren't ready to raise an animal like that you should of not done it in the first place..

But believe me, there's many measures you can take to fix this problem... just be patient and show her love... she deserves it!

I know most of us here mad, but that's only natural since we all love cats and would do anything to make sure they're well raised and well taken care of.. Brother really atleast try and be patient with her... Atleast your kitten is healthy and active, believe me.. If you were in another person's shoes, you would give anything to have a kitten like that compared to his situation.

ragdollgal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You need to find a loving home for this little one. In their world negative attention is better than NO attention. They need interaction with humans, they need nuturing and love, just like a human child. She will act out in order to gain this attention. Try a little tenderness you may find it works wonders.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vegasbound

Well she came back! And I'm glad she did.....This cat goes outside and has a good old time! She hops around, runs around. She has an older cat to play with at home, lots of toys, clean litter boxes, scratch tower..Her name is "BabyGirl", and gets tons of love...So don't feel bad for this cat...We love her, she came back, and do you think I would come to this forum and not educate myself?

You guys don't mess around!!! LOL...I was just mad she got out cause we would miss her!
whew!!! Thought you were a horrible person there for a minute! Please have patience with the little ones they are a handfull LOL LOL

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't have much experience with cats until I started volunteering at the animal shelter. My first week there, a staff member brought in a family of four 8-week-old kittens and set them up in a cage. "Give that little black one some special love," she told me. "He's the runt, and he's getting beat up on."

So I kept an eye on the little black one, Spike, and sure enough, every time he tried to get to the food or water, he got swatted by one of his brothers -- usually the biggest one, a black-and-white named Franz. Each time, I reached in and separated them, scolding Franz and trying to soothe little Spike.

After about a dozen such incidents, I finally hauled Franz out of the cage and held him up in front of my face. Looking him in the eye, I said fiercely, "Why do you treat your brother that way? You little bully!"

Whereupon Franz stretched forward, licked my nose, and mewed sweetly.

My face went hot with shame, and suddenly I understood: kittens are innocence personified. When they chew up our books, rip our curtains to shreds, and jump gleefully into the middle of our mashed potatoes, they're not being "bad" -- they're just being babies.

Our responsibility is to teach our pets what's okay and what isn't. And if we have humanity in our hearts, we will impart that lesson through gentle, patient guidance -- not by negative acts like shouting, squirting water or, God forbid, striking them. If we are willing to see our pets cringe in fear of us, then we shouldn't have them at all.

Had to get that off my chest. All good wishes to Vegasbound and his kitten...eternal love to Franz, wherever he is...and I'll get down from my soapbox now.

sumosmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Had to get that off my chest. All good wishes to Vegasbound and his kitten...eternal love to Franz, wherever he is...and I'll get down from my soapbox now.

Here you go, Carol! I've been wondering when I'd get a chance to use this smilie, hee.

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can understand that everyone here goes nuts on a post like this! It's very provocating.
But seriously - I believe you when saying it was just something that came up in the anger of it all. Sometimes a kitten can be very frustrating - especially when you have the feeling that there is nothing you can do. Who hasn't had that feeling before?

I must admit I once wished my Singa would jump off the balcony....

...but that was just cause she drove me totally crazy.... not that I really wanted to harm her or anything

And when I then noticed I had forgotten to close the balcony door and had left the room for a while... Singa was gone!! I was worried like hell that something happened to her. Thankfully she was just sleeping in the bookshelf

Guess wishing these kinda things is just a way of expressing the emotions in the heat of it all

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
when my cat was a kitten he jumped on my face one night and scrached it all up. (this was like 10 years ago) All my friends thought someone abused me LOL they did not believe it waas my kitten that did it. I also had a dog that play bit me in the face and broke the skin
This same dog also shreded a whole couch in 30mins! They are just animals though these things happen. Just like when your teenage kid runs away with the car and crashes it LOL if you have pets or kids you gota expect this sort of stuff. And no it will not last forever that crazy horrible kitten turned into the calmest cat alive

firebirdmagic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Swatting an animal is so useless and bad behavior on the human's part. I noticed this with my father when he snipped my puppies nose for pooping in the wrong place. Animals have little memory nor know why they are being hurt. Everytime that dog saw my ole man after that, he'd be on guard, and aggressive. Kippy hated my father's hand, and would sneer when dad went to pet him, but, grew to trust him later on in life. They do what's natural to them, that's why we train animal buddies, not educate, that, supposedly happens to us humans, er ah sometimes Mike, Medford Ore

charlie'smommie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can TOTALLY understand your frustration. Just the other morning I treatened to turn Charlie into a cute little kitten rug! He just looked at me, tipped his head sidways and I forgave him! Sometimes he drives me nuts
but I still wouldn't trade him for the world. You just have to remind yourself that they are only babies, they will grow up eventually!

Hang in there!!