Hope at the end of the tunnel?

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't know where to post this. But i wanted to share my journey thus far with my girl Jet.

She is now 6 mo. old., my adorable, skittish, needy as hell, black kitty cat :)

Some of the members here on TCS are very well away of my struggles with her. From a rushed intro to my cat Charlie (8 mo. male), to her not eating, and then learning her real age, and many visits to the vet, as well as her former stray kitty behavior, and skittishness, and hiding for EVERYTHING.

I was just thinking about the past couple of mornings, and how she would headbutt me so hard i would wake up and be forced to pet her. and how in between pets, she'd grab onto my hand and lick it and give me little love bites. and when i tell her "no bite" she stops and goes back to headbutting me for pets. she's been doing this for the past one week now...and i just can't believe it. my little girl headbutts me for affection...she "yells" at me if i'm taking too long to bring her food, she "talks back" to me every time i ask her a question..she chirps to get my attention and to let me know she wants me to pick her up. my heart swells with happiness. and i can't help but remember where she came from...

she came to me, as an 8 week old sick kitten. super scared. always hiding. she didn't even know how to use the litter box. i never saw her as she had made the under of my bed her permanent home, and the only being she trusted in my home was my other cat, Charlie. running back and forth to the vet with her, being disappointed each time i tried to show her love and she'd scurry off under the bed or hiss at me because she thought i was going to harm her. 

now, she looks for me when i'm not around. if i go someplace within my house and close the door behind me, she's behind the door sitting and waiting for me to come back. when i open any door, i always find her on the other side, sitting so pristine and happily chirping after she sees me :)

it took a lot of hard work, a lot of patience (and i'm not even gonna front, a lot of calming aid!) to get to this point. she still has a long way to go. she will still scurry off and hide if there are sudden movements, and noises, but she has come SO SO SO FAR from where she began :)

I just wanted to share.

I wanted to let the new members, and other members who just recently got a very skittish and very scared cat. there is hope at the end of the tunnel. you will get back the love that you put out. you will get the affection returned to you. you will feel gratification, and you will find a friend in your scared little pal. have faith in your kitty, and show patience, and you will see what and who your kitty was really meant to be :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It is really great to hear how a young cat has progressed from early posts full of worries to a positive and optimistic fur family!  I am sure I am just one of many who remember your early posts about a terrified, sick, and very tiny kitten, and your worries about how she would settle in.  What an amazing journey you have both been on!  I wish you many years of fur family love with Jet and Charlie. 

It would be lovely to see a recent picture of Jet if you have one?