Hooray for Japanese drumming!!!

hannahj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I joined a taiko (japanese drumming) group over the summer. I lived in Japan for three years and loved taiko every time I saw it performed, but couldn't find a group that would take newcomers. I joined a group here in NC (one that takes newcomers and trains them!) to fufill a desire but also to deal with all the emotions of my sister's brain cancer.

Well, today I had my first big performance! AND I was the MC! Can anyone believe it!??

I didnt even make any mistakes, though Im sure my technique could have been better.

So happy and I feel like "I did it!"

If you don't know about taiko, it is in the new Mitsbubishi commercial and also in Charlie's Angels movie.

HOORAY FOR TAIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, as my Billy and Blossom would say, "HOORAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oooh! I like Taiko. I like a lot of Japanese things. I wish I had a chance to live in Japan for at least a few months, I've only visited.

Congrats!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HannahJ

1.-I didnt even make any mistakes, though Im sure my technique could have been better.

So happy and I feel like "I did it!"

If you don't know about taiko, it is in the new Mitsbubishi commercial and also in Charlie's Angels movie.

2.-HOORAY FOR TAIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, as my Billy and Blossom would say, "HOORAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
1.- I think only with practice you can reach the perfection!

2.- thanks for share this new!
....I don´t know to Taiko but I figured is a cool Perfomance!!!

Cheers!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! We are proud of you. It's amazing...the power of music in helping you learn about yourself and to channel emotions that we may have trouble dealing with otherwise.

Taiko is an absolutely wonderful art. Good for you!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! I would love to hear the group. I have a cd that has Japanese drumming and flutes that I play during massages, and I love it.
If you do not mind me asking, what area of NC are you in? I am on the east coast.