Homemade Kitty Treats! Thoughts? Opinions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

so far, yes... it's the only one I have needed lol... so good luck!
Thank you :3 I feel like we should make a thread just for homemade goodies XD Not sure if many people would be interested though.

I found a recipe and I'm going to try it next time I go to the shops!  Feel free to have a go before I do......

Fish munchies and chicke chips

150g / 5 1/2oz chicken breast boned and skinned.  Cut in to wafer thin slices then pound each slice between 2 sheets of cling film.

150g / 5 1/2oz mackerel fillet, skinless, boneless and cut into 5mm / 1/4" slices then 1cm x 1cm / 1/2" squares

Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.  Spread out the chicken slices out on one tray and the fish cubes on the other.

Put both trays in to a pre-heated oven at 150 degrees C / 300 degrees F / gas mark 2, and bake for 25 minutes.  Reduce the heat to 100 degrees C / 200 degrees F / gas mark 1/4 and then open the oven door a crack and let the snacks dry out for a further 40 minutes.

Turn off the oven and leave the snacks in the oven to dry out over night.  

Make sure they are completely dried out and don't retain any moisture before storing in an air tight container.  Keep for up to a fortnight.

From a recipe book a good friend gave Mouse for his first Christmas.
I'm going to attempt this one when we get chicken next x3 Hopefully it comes out well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made my own version of "freeze dried" chicken! I cut thin slices of chicken (I also used the skin!) And I put the slices on a cookie sheet that I applied olive oil on and the I put parchment paper on top of that and then I added another baking sheet on top to "weigh" it down. I preheat the oven to 400 and I left them in their for 45 mins. They cm out crispy and my kitten loved them, my boyfriend ate some too! We loved how they came out so much that we gave some as Christmas presents to Ziggy's feline buddies. I sadly didn't take any photos of this. But I did take photos of another concoction I made for Ziggy which I will be posting later.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that sounds great!  I think Mouse would love to see himself eating the same thing as me rather than having to scrape about and tell me how disgusting my food smells. Not only that, it would reduce the risk of me accidently biting down on one of his snacks when I'm doing the 'one t/d biscuit for Mouse one Malteser for me' routine.  I've come far too close to putting my hand in the wrong container more times than I care to mention!..  I'm going to have to buy a little bit of chicken and get cooking.  I might have to sneak some salt on my own snacks though.