Home Remedies For Rodent Ulcer on Cat lip

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Im looking for any home remedies that any members have used for rodent on cat upper lip..Waiting on VET to call...And YES have sent pics to vet...And I know til vet looks at it..it may or may not be rodents...

ThePortMan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is it that is stuck to your cat's lip? Because there certainly couldn't be an actual rodent stuck to your cat, I take it that your cat ate some sort of critter. And there are pieces of fur, some blood, or some other gross (by human standards) remnant of the catch stuck. If there's something gross like that on your cat's lip, I'd just put on some gloves and wipe it off if he/she would allow that without biting/scratching. Also, I cannot say for sure that a vet would be able to definitively identify images of unidentified fur stuck to your cat's lip.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
What is it that is stuck to your cat's lip? Because there certainly couldn't be an actual rodent stuck to your cat, I take it that your cat ate some sort of critter. And there are pieces of fur, some blood, or some other gross (by human standards) remnant of the catch stuck. If there's something gross like that on your cat's lip, I'd just put on some gloves and wipe it off if he/she would allow that without biting/scratching. Also, I cannot say for sure that a vet would be able to definitively identify images of unidentified fur stuck to your cat's lip.
Rodent ulcer

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I meant rodent ulcer..Sorry

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Im looking for any home remedies that any members have used for rodent ulcer on cat upper lip..Waiting on VET to call...And YES have sent pics to vet...And I know til vet looks at it..it may or may not be rodents...

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From my experience, rodent ulcers are triggered by stress a lot times. Work on decreasing stress by using calming agents and trying to set up and stick to a routine. Most of the time the rodent ulcers are an immune response, so working on a stronger immune system will also help. You can add l-lysine to his diet to help that as well as a good overall supplement such as Missing Link or a probiotic. Also be sure to use metal or ceramic dishes for feeding and water and wash them frequently.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are an immune response as stephanietx said and also caused by an allergic reaction to something such as fleas, food etc. What was the cause of the issue your cat had previously, was it an allergy to something? Just maybe there could be a link

Pouncecat1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its an allergic response. Treated with prednisolone (steroids). Should be an easy diagnosis if you take kitty to the vet. Might was to try a limited ingredient diet